Author Topic: Build a short Bazooka  (Read 2703 times)

Offline Toaster

Build a short Bazooka
« on: October 31, 2011, 01:36:39 PM »
Greetings

I want to shorten the Bazooka on my 09 and can not find the info that was one the website. Dose anyone have the pictures and write up?

Thanks
Bryan

Son of Pappy

Re: Build a short Bazooka
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 03:18:21 PM »
Did it back in '08, no pics, but it isnt all that difficult.  Remove the end cap, grind away rear welds and pull out innards, be carefull with the bronze colored mesh, using tape and something to transfer original shape, cut pipe to desired length, I used a cut off wheel, cut an equal length off of innards, trim mesh, weld her up, paint to color of your choosing, re install end cap and enjoy ;D  I noticed a nice mellow sound and it looked much better, dont expect any real performance increase as you still have 2 pair of cats in the exhaust manifold.  I eventually went the way of the AreaP full, best of all 3 worlds, performance, economy, and looks.  I'm glad I shortened the exhaust, but if I had to do it all over again I would have waited for the exhaust.

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 03:30:38 PM »
What did you do with the exhaust you shortened?

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 03:42:59 PM »
I sent the mid pipe to a feller working on a cheaper exhaust, not sure of his progress, I scrapped the shortened pipe, but I do still have the exhaust manifold.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 05:03:03 PM »
SOP is right, it really isn't that bad.  Just make sure the cut is at the proper angle so the rear cap can weld back up cleanly.  I will be posting mine for sale as soon as I take it off my bike if anyone is interested.

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.