Author Topic: rotors  (Read 18693 times)

Offline luther163

Re: rotors
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2015, 06:59:35 AM »
Hi All,

I have a question on the rotors - EBC and Brembo. Can i know what the difference is between both?

AS you know the price is quite big is near 2 times.  It is of course there have a cheap rotors - RCP.

I am going to replace front rotors in recent weeks.  Is anyone there help me?

The price:  Brembo USD: 650
                     EBC       USD:350
                     ECP       USD:150

Best regards,

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2015, 07:32:58 AM »
    I have a question on the rotors - EBC and Brembo. Can i know what the difference is between both?

Aside from price and brand name, there isn't much info.  Lots of people seem to be happy with EBC, saying they are better than OEM.  (I suspect the Brembos are not much better than EBC)

From search, see also: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16676
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2015, 10:13:20 AM »
My 2011 has gone through hell in 15,000 miles.
New rotors at 5000+ miles. And rear brake issues.
New rotors at 7500+ miles.
New rotors at 13,000+miles.
New front rim, bearings, EBC rotors and pads 14,800 miles.

Are you braking hard for mooses?

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2015, 07:03:05 PM »

Are you braking hard for mooses?

Fair question. That 2011 wasn't the best C-14 I ever owned. I got rid of it. And they are called moose. lol
Joel from Maine.

Offline luther163

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2015, 07:44:09 PM »
Aside from price and brand name, there isn't much info.  Lots of people seem to be happy with EBC, saying they are better than OEM.  (I suspect the Brembos are not much better than EBC)

Maxtog,

I read previous posts seems the EBC is the best.  Thanks for reply.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2015, 07:49:23 PM »
seems the EBC is the best.  Thanks for reply.

If you get them, make sure to post your feedback here so others can benefit from your experience!  It is great having such a large amount of research info on everything we need to keep our C14's running well.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline luther163

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2015, 11:26:35 PM »

Maxtog,

thank you for reply.   I think the EBC is the best.

Offline bbhzx12

« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2015, 11:30:58 AM »
Brembo.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »
I think the rotors aren't much different.  The calipers, and more so the master cylinders, are where you'll notice the biggest differences.  If you just Have to have Brembo, knock yourself out.  The EBC are equally as good.  Now, mate up the calipers and masters, and I'll admit I'd rather go with Brembo too.  If my wallet could afford it.

Offline Cruise Missile

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2015, 07:29:31 PM »
+1 on the EBC rotors and pads. My OEM units where warped when i bought the bike at 16000km. They drove me mental for the rest of Las season. Installed EBC last month. So far so good.