Author Topic: GUHL RE-FLASH (dealer discount)  (Read 21850 times)

Offline Riverszzr

• Lloyd's Motorcycle Performance Center
GUHL RE-FLASH (dealer discount)
« on: March 19, 2013, 01:40:06 PM »
 I read through the 13 pages of discussion on this.

While you can't get a group buy discount, I imagine I can offer up part of my dealer discount.

Details;
 Send the ecu to me directly, I will send the lot of them (5 or more preffered) directly to Guhl
 Ecu will be shipped directly back to you
 Expected turn around time to be less than 1 week total, most of that time will be in the shipping.
 Deal, atleast 5 ecu's and I will do it at -price removed-, send an email or pm- You only pay the shipping to get it here.
 Write your name and number clearly on the ecu, include all the details of name, address, phone, year, make, model and what you want accomplished on a seperate paper taped securely to your ecu....
GUHL will still be calling you on specifics once they arrive, but this way there is no mix ups and you thought ahead of time on what exactly your goals are and what you want done.
This can be for other model bikes other than the C-14 (although they are still working on Honda compatability at this time, so no Honda's. But many newer Kaw,Suz and Yam Guhl is ready for)
 And so I am not more of a middleman than saving you guys some cash and doing some packaging, please call Guhl directly with the questions if you have them.

Guhl Motors
4126 Oregon Pike
Ephrata, PA
(717) 618 4212

www.guhlmotors.com

There are some youtube videos up with the zx10 and zx14 before and after runs, showing the secondary flies shutting back down to about 66% at redline and ignition timing retarding up there too. Keeping those open and deleting that timing retard makes huge difference on both of those bikes. The C-14 will get gains up top as well, but I don't have a dyno run map of before and after to show anything factual on that. (Thus the do your homework and talk to Guhl motors yourself please.)
2011 ZX10R Guhl Motors ECU Reflash.mp4
2011 ZX10R 6th gear on the dyno with Guhl Motors ECU flash
2011 ZX10R 6th gear on the dyno Dynotronics vs Guhl Motors ecu flash test

Riverszzr.webs.com
Lloyd Rivers
Lloyd's Motorcycle Performance Center

My cost doesn't change regardless of how many go at a time, so if 20 people want the deal or if 2 people want the deal it costs me the same. The big difference is my time spent facilitating this.
 I will send them in as soon as I get them, as I said I would prefer to send boxes of 5 at a time, but will do more or less as needed. The shipping cost nearly identical for one or for five, so to not eat the minimal profit left, I prefer to send more than less.
 I would think given the interest peaked in the other thread, 5 shouldn't be an issue at all and those interested could get them here (Minnesota) by weeks end.

Email me directly Riverszzr@yahoo.com if you have more questions of me, I will answer everything I can.

Lloyd

updated without price....email me or pm me on pricing
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 07:12:25 PM by Riverszzr »

Offline Riverszzr

Re: GUHL RE-FLASH (dealer discount)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 03:02:28 PM »
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=12672.0

Link to the other  Guhl reflash thread on this forum and here is yet another

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=12544.0
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 12:39:37 AM by Riverszzr »

Offline Cuda

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:59:12 PM »
This is interesting ,  so now I understand why he does not want to do a group buy , he would be screwing his dealers!
 I stopped in the  local bike shop here asking about putting my bike on his Dyno after I had the Guhl flash,  I said he could send my ECU in so he could make a little money, he said he Guhl did dot give a discount to anyone even dealers which I thought was wierd???
    BUT when  I told him I was sending my ECU in he about begged me to let him send it in????
I  wondered why he wanted to be bothered , since he was not making any money?
Well I guess I was lied to  >:( I don't like being lied to.  I guess I'll find someone else to work on my bike , My next door neighbor has a HD shop only and said he heard story's and told me to be careful.  I guess he was right .
Trust is something that is earned over a period of time
 but destroyed in seconds.
You sound like a Great Guy  too late for me.
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Madcow

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 11:22:49 PM »
Nobody interested?

I can see why group buys rarely work out...
I think group buys work but you're new here like I am & until people get to know you they might think twice about a group buy.

Offline pistole

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 01:06:39 AM »
yeah.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 03:45:49 AM »
+2
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 03:59:43 AM »
Nobody interested?

Actually they do work out, but we don't know you.  As one of the admins here, I do appreciate the offer and some might take you up on it but you just popped up so to speak.  If you would have had a track record of sorts here it might have been different. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 04:41:11 AM »
Nobody interested?

We've had great success with group buys here. But as others have said, you have 4 posts here and although you might be a great guy and all that, how are we to know this? No one means to hurt your feelings so don't take it that way. Thanks for the offer though.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cuda

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 05:05:41 AM »
If people don't take you up on this I guess they want to pay full price???
I would have called you right away but mine is already done at the $375. price!
I don't get it.
I know on the boat racing forums I'm on,  most Dealers don't post  only read ??

Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 05:33:41 AM »
If people don't take you up on this I guess they want to pay full price???

Well, as mentioned before, it really is a matter of trust.  Some people might take the chance, but an ECU is very expensive, and the bike is completely useless without it.  It is only natural that people are going to be cautious/conservative regarding that item, but most especially with someone new/unknown to the group.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline katata1100

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 08:10:06 AM »

I just got mine back from Guhl last week so i am out!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 09:12:05 AM »
Nobody interested?

I would have been interested but I already got it done.

Offline Riverszzr

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 02:30:31 PM »
 I can certainly understand being cautious.
 plus I can also understand this forum is likely more well off people and not "kids" riding around broke on broken stuff living barely paycheck to paycheck or far in debt, afterall most of you are riding a C14 and that isn't a poor boys/girls bike (try to be gender nuetral...lol). So ~$50~ savings may be little to a vast majority fo members?

I am not duping anyone on this, of course that is what everyone would say... But there is the reason I posted up my business name, website, real name, my screen name is the same on many forums etc.... I do have a couple customers with C14's and thus the alertment to the thread of your group buy deal.

As for the comment that dealers usually don't post, rather they just read..........True, but it has been a long cold and snowy winter here in MN and work is only trickling in, so I have some "free" time for a few more weeks apparently until the weather turns.

No offense taken by your lack of participation, just a little suprised that nobody even sent an email or pm. On another note my website hits went up by about a dozen the immediate 2 days after this post, so somebodies were a little interested in who I am.

If I could offer the deal and have you send direct to GUHL I would have, but I don't get any dealer discount if it doesn't come straight from me....Other than that shipping snag-it is exactly the same as you sending it in yourself directly, well there is that $ savings.
 Anyways, nothing ventured nothing gained. I gave it an effort, figured since I have 2 others to send in early next week this was worth a shot.

Lloyd
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 09:53:26 AM by Riverszzr »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »
Anyways, nothing ventured nothing gained. I gave it an effort, figured since I have 2 others to send in early next week this was worth a shot.

True!  We appreciate the offer, regardless :)  Plus, now you will start building a history here, too ;)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ManofManyGTs

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 11:11:28 AM »
I'm in, e-mailed.
2012 C14: Bar raisers, bag protection, magnetic tank bra, PCA rack and back rest, V&H slip-on, BMC race filter, and Guhl tune

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 11:22:48 AM »
I can certainly understand being cautious.
 plus I can also understand this forum is likely more well off people and not "kids" riding around broke on broken stuff living barely paycheck to paycheck or far in debt, afterall most of you are riding a C14 and that isn't a poor boys/girls bike (try to be gender nuetral...lol). So ~$50~ savings may be little to a vast majority fo members?

I am not duping anyone on this, of course that is what everyone would say... But there is the reason I posted up my business name, website, real name, my screen name is the same on many forums etc.... I do have a couple customers with C14's and thus the alertment to the thread of your group buy deal.

As for the comment that dealers usually don't post, rather they just read..........True, but it has been a long cold and snowy winter here in MN and work is only trickling in, so I have some "free" time for a few more weeks apparently until the weather turns.

No offense taken by your lack of participation, just a little suprised that nobody even sent an email or pm. On another note my website hits went up by about a dozen the immediate 2 days after this post, so somebodies were a little interested in who I am.

If I could offer the deal and have you send direct to GUHL I would have, but I don't get any dealer discount if it doesn't come straight from me....Other than that shipping snag-it is exactly the same as you sending it in yourself directly, well there is that $ savings.

Lloyd

If you have a couple of customers who are members of this forum, having them speak up for you would go a long way me thinks.

I'll admit that I was one who took a look at your website.

And you're right. I don't think that for the great majority of the guys here that ~$50~ one way or the other isn't going to make or break anyone. Still, for the most part we are a frugal bunch.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 10:06:56 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Riverszzr

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 12:56:04 PM »
 They could be lurkers for all I know. The one just sent me the link and suggested I post in it and try to make a few bucks and offer a deal that nobody was offering.

The other guy I am pretty sure has an account here (he sent me a link to a thread about 2 years ago that I looked at) but not sure what his screen name is.

If they are on here, I am sure they will find this and post something.

One of the members on here has sent his ecu out to me today, I should see it Monday, they are going in to GUHL Tuesday, perhaps he will post up when he gets it back.

Offline ManofManyGTs

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 12:59:18 PM »
One of the members on here has sent his ecu out to me today, I should see it Monday, they are going in to GUHL Tuesday, perhaps he will post up when he gets it back.

That's me! And I will do.
2012 C14: Bar raisers, bag protection, magnetic tank bra, PCA rack and back rest, V&H slip-on, BMC race filter, and Guhl tune

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 01:26:13 PM »
Hey new guy, welcome and way to jump in with both feet.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 07:42:10 AM »
Lloyd has been a member of the club I belong to, MSTA, AKA HSTA, for several years and he has an excellent reputation with us. I have never had any work done by him but that is ONLY because we are about 900 miles apart.  When it was time for my second valve adjustment and sync I actually made plans to ride up to Wisconsin and get him to do it but the logistics and my time constraints just did not work out. (Wife talked me into going to New England instead.) I have had conversations with Lloyd via PM on the MSTA forum and he has always been responsive and helpful.

My flies are already out and I have a PC5 and  quite content, otherwise I would probably get in on this deal.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.