Author Topic: street boots whos using what?  (Read 20648 times)

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
Re: street boots whos using what?
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
Definetely going to have to pay up and get myself a nice pair.   I currently wear some Dr Maertens.   Comfy, but not high enough for water protection and nothing ruins a day of riding in the rain like wet feet.

Offline Stavee

« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2011, 12:35:09 PM »
http://www.zappos.com/chippewa-8-bay-apache-waterproof-lace-to-toe-logger-brown
I also have a 13 year old set of Triumph branded boots.
First bike '38 DKW

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2011, 09:52:36 PM »
Sperry Topsider boots are preppy!

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline chi-gpz1100

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2011, 09:03:25 PM »
The boots in post #53 finally arrived.  Haven't had a chance to actually ride in them, but they sure do take alot longer to put on than those they replaced (vertigo corsa's).  Fit seems to be slightly better too.

With all the holes in the upper, I do expect it them to breath better than those with no holes.  Walking in them?   Forget about it.  They are comfortable though when sitting on the bike.

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2011, 09:54:37 PM »
I am wearing Harley Davidson black Sonar 6" lace up boots...they have a zipper up the inside of the boot, so that once you have the laces tied up the way you want them you only need to use the zipper from then on...this makes them extremely easy to put on and take off...an added bonus is that they are extremely comfortable, I could wear them all day...they came with a little metal tag on the back of the heel which had the Harley name in chrome, which I immediately removed...they cost $135.00 but since I have really high arches it is hard for me to find a boot that fits and thes really fit nice...
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline incabird

« Reply #65 on: July 24, 2011, 08:11:17 PM »
I ended up purchasing the TCX X-Five plus Goretex boots. They are very comfortable and well made. The TCX have a reasonably wide foot bed. I wear a size 12 wide and ordered their size 46. They fit great. What I appreciate about them is they are comfortable enough to walk around in. I got mine from Revzilla. They are very good to deal with.
2009 Red ZG14 w/typical farkels
Mentor, OH

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2011, 08:42:34 PM »
I am wearing Harley Davidson black Sonar 6" lace up boots...they have a zipper up the inside of the boot, so that once you have the laces tied up the way you want them you only need to use the zipper from then on...this makes them extremely easy to put on and take off...an added bonus is that they are extremely comfortable, I could wear them all day...they came with a little metal tag on the back of the heel which had the Harley name in chrome, which I immediately removed...they cost $135.00 but since I have really high arches it is hard for me to find a boot that fits and thes really fit nice...

Did the Hardly-Ableson boots slow you down any?
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Tim

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2011, 09:47:28 PM »
I went away from M/C boots and got a pair of Danner Arecadia's. I own a 09 and the heat problem. With rhese boots the heat doesn't get in to the feet. There is two levels of insolation. I like the red ones. Check out www.shoebuy.com. There is a 10% discount with free shipping right now. They an't cheap either but ese boots require little break in and are comfy all day. They would protect your foot and ankle if you go down.   Tim from the PNW
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2011, 08:44:21 PM »
Did the Hardly-Ableson boots slow you down any?
well now that you mention it...when I am in the house with the HD boots on, I move very slowly on completing my "Honey-Do" list. When on the Connie, I don't notice any slow down...yet
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2011, 10:13:49 PM »
well now that you mention it...when I am in the house with the HD boots on, I move very slowly on completing my "Honey-Do" list. When on the Connie, I don't notice any slow down...yet

Kewl! 

Offline mkorn

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2011, 11:12:27 AM »
I had no issues shifting with the vertigo corsa's ( http://tinyurl.com/5rzk4al ).  The ankle support/stabilization is part of the selling features of the boot.  The boot prevents your ankles from being hyper extended or compressed.  In fact, had it not been for this, I would of had more severe injuries to that area of the foot.  Come to think of it, had the boot been taller, I probably would not have suffered the burns to the calf area either (from hot exhaust).

Flashy or not, the boot did its job.  Unless i'm in full leathers, I normally wear my touring pants over the boot, so all you really see is the bottom portion.

Thats good to know ... i want more leg protection from my boots ... will have to try a pair on!  thanks
2009 C14 ABS
2002 750 Nighthawk (sold)
2006 DRz 400s