Author Topic: street boots whos using what?  (Read 20649 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Re: street boots whos using what?
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
I have to compensate for shorter inseam. So, these are what I wear.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/red-wing-shoe/2218-red-wing-shoes/2218-red-wing-mens-9-inch-logger-lineman-black

No liner means keeps cooler during summer. During winter I just put on a warn wool sock.

Although I wish I can get one of those fancy motorcycle boots.....alas....
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Son of Pappy

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 09:29:16 AM »
Alpinestar Scout.  Awesome boot, comfortable, waterproof, and great for DS'ing as well.

http://www.alpinestars.com/Scout_Waterproof_Boot/pd/c/113/np/113/p/204700.html

Offline Frontier

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 12:53:43 PM »
Tourmaster Solution waterproof.  I've had my pair for several years and they're still in great shape. Very comfortable.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tour-master-solution-20-wp-boots?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=Footwear&utm_keyword=tour-master-solution-20-wp-boots

Mine are the older pair (before the 2.0 model), buy I can't find them anymore in my size.  If I ever wear them out, I'll get the 2.0's.

Same here. Don't know how a boot could get any more comfortable.

Offline Tremainiac

« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 01:56:41 PM »
Teknic boots.
Hey mister, my sister has a Harley 'just' like yours!!
2009 Concours 14, 2003 Triumph Thunderbird Sport
1980 Honda CM400 street tracker, Grubee Skyhawk

Offline TonyR

« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 09:10:41 PM »
I have the Alpinestar Web Gore-Tex. Good for summer and winter, but not great for waling around. The shifter patch seems to dig into my toe.
http://www.alpinestars.com/Web_Goretex_Boot/pd/c/113/np/113/p/233507.html

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2011, 07:44:10 PM »
Right now, good`ol work boots.  I've been trying to buy a pair of Tour Master's Solution 2 boots for over a month now, but NO ONE has them in stock in my size and everyone's telling me they won't be getting any until sometime in August or September.  The 2's were new for 2011, so I really doubt they'd be doing an update already that would be causing the delay.
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline incabird

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2011, 08:14:43 PM »
For those of you who have the Alpinestars, how are they on width? I wear a 12E (wide). By what the size chart on Revzilla shows, I should wear a 47. Any ideas on how accurate that would be or if they would be wide enough?
2009 Red ZG14 w/typical farkels
Mentor, OH

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2011, 08:45:29 PM »
I wear Icon super duty 3 and really like them, but am wanting a decent waterproof boot.  I am thinking about getting the Icon Patrol or possibly even the Alpinestars Ridge.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Joncon11

« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2011, 09:48:13 AM »
I've had a pair of Sidi Sympatex GTs for over 11 years now. My feet were always dry, protected me very well through 2 crashes and they are just starting to...well...stink.  I have a pair of Dainese Nighthawk gortex boots coming today to replace them.  I would recommend anything Sidi, no questions asked, i'll get back to you on the new boots.

For anyone interested, the Dainese Nighthawks Gortex boots have been treating me great so far. Very comfy and a bit lower than my Sidis. They need a little working in but they are more than liveable until then. And when they say waterproof they mean it!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 11:06:53 AM »
For those of you who have the Alpinestars, how are they on width? I wear a 12E (wide). By what the size chart on Revzilla shows, I should wear a 47. Any ideas on how accurate that would be or if they would be wide enough?

Mine are US size 13's which the boot tag says is a Eur 47 or a Jpm 30.5. I wear an average width in most shoes of size 13. They're snug as I guess they should be in the forefoot area, but comfortable enough after a break in period.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2011, 12:07:50 PM »
Mine are US size 13's which the boot tag says is a Eur 47 or a Jpm 30.5. I wear an average width in most shoes of size 13. They're snug as I guess they should be in the forefoot area, but comfortable enough after a break in period.

A US 13 is actually a 48--or should be.  I own a pair of Alpinestars size Eur 48 boots and they fit much better.  I've been ordering 48 since then and haven't had any problems with fit.  I've always worn a solid size 13 US.  Just FYI.
I feel like a new person!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2011, 02:54:09 PM »
Probably a round off error. Maybe that's why they're snug. My size 13 Vasque hiking boots are much roomier. Metric conversions are inexact. Good info.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 02:58:49 PM »
No problem.  I've had the same problem with European manufactured shoes.  It was a complete fluke that I even found out that the 48 was the proper size.  I don't even go by what the tag says.  I just ask for a 48.
I feel like a new person!

Offline chi-gpz1100

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2011, 05:23:22 PM »
My recently damaged sidi vertigo corsa's are in need of replacement.  Looks like that boot is no longer available and has been replaced by the vertice model (and a higher price tag).  Anyone use this new model or is familiar with it?  The online videos show it to have quite a bit of adjustment.  I had no problems with the old boot's nylon strap across the foot area.  The new ones seems to have 3 now that you must attach/remove to mount/dismount the boot.

Comments?

Offline GVmerle

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2011, 07:01:47 PM »

My foot width is a c/d and my Alpinestars in size 11 fit me great so they might be a little narrow.

Offline mkorn

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2011, 07:19:22 PM »

Comments?

I like these ... a bit flashy for me ... and i like to shift by bending my ankle ... most of the boots like these i have tried are like ski boots.
thats why i went with a low profile boot.
2009 C14 ABS
2002 750 Nighthawk (sold)
2006 DRz 400s

Offline tundra dweller

• XLR8
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2011, 08:42:56 PM »
Had a pair of Sidi Stradas for years and years. I liked them so much I bought the vented version last year. Just noticed a thread coming unraveled on the heel cup so I E-mailed Moto Nation the USA distributor. They had me send them in and shipped me a new pair of the latest model  :o
They have a lifetime warranty, just be sure to keep the UPC off the box and or your receipt. Great comfort, light weight, good protection. I may never buy another brand.
Here's a review on web bike world with my comments and pics of the old boots  at the bottom.
http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-boots/sidi/strada-evo/
"When my time has come I prefer to be in the Saddle rather than the Recliner"

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2011, 10:20:11 PM »
They look sweet IMO Chi...  8)

Offline chi-gpz1100

« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2011, 08:44:16 AM »
I had no issues shifting with the vertigo corsa's ( http://tinyurl.com/5rzk4al ).  The ankle support/stabilization is part of the selling features of the boot.  The boot prevents your ankles from being hyper extended or compressed.  In fact, had it not been for this, I would of had more severe injuries to that area of the foot.  Come to think of it, had the boot been taller, I probably would not have suffered the burns to the calf area either (from hot exhaust).

Flashy or not, the boot did its job.  Unless i'm in full leathers, I normally wear my touring pants over the boot, so all you really see is the bottom portion.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
I bought a set of the black Icon Tarmac Ventilated boots (http://rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=3432&id=11983).  They're the best boots I've ever worn but they definately aren't waterproof.  Those boots were so damn comfortable that I bought a pair of the Icon Accelerant Waterproof boots (http://rideicon.com/product_details.jsp?category=3432&id=11984) since they are basically the same boot but waterproof.  Why have 2 pairs of boots?  My feet get really hot so the ventilated boots are awesome 90% of the time and I wear the other pair when its raining.  I DO NOT WORK FOR ICON or any of their distributors.

+1 on the Icon Tarmacs. They are so comfortable that you could wear em even if you weren't riding.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn