Author Topic: white condinsation/haze?? in the oil level check window???????  (Read 7949 times)

Offline okxd45

Re: white condinsation/haze?? in the oil level check window???????
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 10:38:11 AM »
Ah, you should be ok then.

Whew.......good! Now back to the regularly scheduled program. ;D
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 08:19:26 AM »
The OP said that he made a 55 min trip, I would think that should be long enough to get the 'normal' condensation out, don't you?

Not necessarily.  I've made 80 mile cold weather commutes in my gsxr that failed to burn the visible water off in one trip, if I had made lots of short trips before hand.

Offline jamcou2020

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2012, 08:48:00 AM »
A new 'stat fixed that problem. Do you have any oil foam inside of your oil filler cap?
Yeah no foam in the filler cap today there was no condisation on the window. But it is 60 degress today. My temp never goes beyond 2 bars when Im warming it up.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »
Well, I pulled my cap off today and had a ton of the lovely white foam in the cap.  I know the dealer changed my spark plugs and air filter at 7500 miles. Is the PCV valve in the vicinity? Would it be possible for them to have pinched it during the plugs and filter change?
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 03:46:30 AM »
I'm thinking your issue is being caused by the 'stat.  I don't think we have a pollution control valve as such.  It's possible you have the vent hose clogged as well.  Have you checked for that yet?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 08:43:56 AM »
Not exactly sure where the vent hose is. I haven't had the time to do much maintenance. Is it quick and easy to get to?
Jeff

Offline Conrad

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 08:50:55 AM »
Not exactly sure where the vent hose is. I haven't had the time to do much maintenance. Is it quick and easy to get to?

See Jim's link to my pics in post #3 of this thread. It's neither quick nor easy to get to, but it's not that bad either.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline okxd45

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 09:48:03 AM »
Since I still have 2yrs of warranty, I'll be headed to the dealer. ::)
Jeff