Author Topic: Henry Ford  (Read 12177 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Henry Ford
« on: December 24, 2013, 04:48:31 AM »
Henry Ford would have celebrated his 150th birthday this past July had he not died. There was much ado made of this though I missed it. If I would have been aware I would have protested any attempt to immortalize this man as was done. Do you ever wonder how many Americans have been killed because of his ability to make automobiles cheap enough that almost anyone could own one? Fords genius has caused death, pain and suffering. This evil thing, the automobile, has taken away mothers and fathers and sons and daughters from loved ones for years and it must be stopped. I think the first thing that should be done is we must stop talking about it. We must allow no discussion of the automobiles' merits or faults because it is evil and kills Americans. And it's Henry Ford's fault. So that's it. All better now.

Offline viper

Re: Henry Ford
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 05:56:35 AM »
 :yikes:

thats not a view that everyone will share , but each to their own.

Offline wahrsuul

• This is personal, stop reading it!
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 06:08:52 AM »
There's also a theory about the addition of ethyl lead to gas that lead to a rise in psychosis and anti-social behavior.  So we shouldn't discuss fuel either.

the inventor of the AK-47 just died.  Imagine how many that little piece of hardware has done in.  No talking about guns either.

Christianity celebrates the birth of it's savior tomorrow.  Nothing has killed so many inhistory as religeous zeal.. Yup, that's off the table too.

So, how's the weather?  Oops, hurricanes, tornadoes, floods....many, many lost there...

Guess we'll just enjoy the silence.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 09:14:34 AM by wahrsuul »
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

What did I do to deserve this life?  And how do I do it again?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 09:09:49 AM »
Don't leave out Jack Daniels or Anheuser Busch.  I think it is fair to add eggnog this time of year ;)

Merry Christmas everyone :)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2013, 09:12:53 AM »
You do know this is a motorcycle forum right?

Son of Pappy

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2013, 09:23:26 AM »
You do know this is a motorcycle forum right?
Oh yea, that Harley Davidson dude.  Think of all the Americans he has killed in combination with JD and AB ;)  Ban them things, they are deadly >:(

Offline wahrsuul

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »
Apparently oxygen is the biggest killer; it's proven fatal to 100% of people.  But only if taken in small amounts over a long period of time.

Time is the greatest teacher, unfortunately, she's really rough on her students.
1999 C-10: Knee savers, Givi trunk, Rifle windshield, KB risers, K&N...and counting...

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 09:47:21 AM »
Lets not forget people, the biggest killer of them all.  We need a people turn in program, say $50-%200 depending on condition and age ;)

Offline wahrsuul

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2013, 09:55:18 AM »
Lets not forget people, the biggest killer of them all.  We need a people turn in program, say $50-%200 depending on condition and age ;)

Doesn't work well, I tired turning in a "lightly" used wife.  Lost my @$$ on that deal!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2013, 10:06:39 AM »
Doesn't work well, I tired turning in a "lightly" used wife.  Lost my @$$ on that deal!
Well, if she was slightly used, yet still functional, she would have got you $150 under my program ;)  If she didn't work you still get $50 :P

Offline Leo

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2013, 10:32:22 AM »
Easier transportation greatly reduced birth defects due to inbreeding.  We would have a lot less to worry about  if we didn't have the transportation.  There would still be lots of troubles, but we would not be able to comprehend the troubles so we would not worry about them.
Yep, still riding the old one

In Indiana, missing Texas

Offline Tim

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2013, 10:48:39 AM »
If Henry had not have figured it the assembly line first, we could be blaming Chevrolet or the Dodge Brothers. It was just  matter of time. 
I don't always ride a street bike. But when I do, it's a Concours. Ride safely my friend.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2013, 11:45:09 AM »

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2013, 12:49:09 PM »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2013, 12:57:00 PM »
Alfred Nobel invented dynamite and it made him wealthy. Later in his life, one of his brother's died and a newspaper mistakenly published Alfred's obituary which, of course, he got to read. It was quite critical and said something to the effect that he invented new ways to kill people more quickly (untrue; dynamite is not used as a weapon) and this bothered Alfred enough that he looked for a way to leave a different legacy and people would remember him in a very different light. He used virtually all of his fortune to create the Noble prizes, which I think is how the man is best known today.

I am not sure about Henry Ford's legacy but that gigantic portrait of Adolph Hitler he had on his wall probably didn't help....

Brian

Henry Ford would have celebrated his 150th birthday this past July had he not died. There was much ado made of this though I missed it. If I would have been aware I would have protested any attempt to immortalize this man as was done. Do you ever wonder how many Americans have been killed because of his ability to make automobiles cheap enough that almost anyone could own one? Fords genius has caused death, pain and suffering. This evil thing, the automobile, has taken away mothers and fathers and sons and daughters from loved ones for years and it must be stopped. I think the first thing that should be done is we must stop talking about it. We must allow no discussion of the automobiles' merits or faults because it is evil and kills Americans. And it's Henry Ford's fault. So that's it. All better now.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2013, 01:49:15 PM »
http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/12/mikhail-kalashnikov-dead/
Too good to not share.

You must be careful when posting things like this ... it could offend someone and the thread could get locked ... regardless of the fact that his gun did not actually kill anyone ... the people behind the gun did the killing.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2013, 01:53:17 PM »
I'm not happy unless I'm burning gas. It's because of people like Henry Ford and the Wright Brothers that I get to burn gas. Personal transportation is one of the most liberating inventions in human history.  Way to go Henry, great job!

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2013, 02:50:32 PM »
Anheuser and Busch were two different people. And Harley and Davidson were two different people.
Two of them were credited with ugly people being able to have sex and the other two making noise without motion from gasoline.
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
Don't forget the love that has been shared and people conceived in the back seats of those cars......... :rotflmao:
2014 C-14 Red

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 09:52:04 PM »
Ford created a platform upon which Chevy and Mopar have enjoyed stomping all over hah
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine