Author Topic: Seriously serious motorscooter roads!  (Read 2110 times)

Offline tonedeaf

Seriously serious motorscooter roads!
« on: February 01, 2012, 10:42:15 PM »
This video starts out a bit slow, but once it gets going the video is outstanding. Pay close attention to the roads -- it makes the Dragon look like a stretch of road in west Texas.

Chinese Scenes

Offline jayke

Re: Seriously serious motorscooter roads!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 04:33:37 PM »
road...what road?   That was too cool

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 09:31:28 AM »
Wow!

You don't get a second chance to miss one of those corners.

Rocket J Squirrel with smoke.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:19 AM »
ZOW! That's living on the edge! Flying through those gaps at 200mph is insane. I wonder how much reserve energy and lift they have. As they approach a gap like that, and they determine they are approaching 5' too low, how much can they pull up before stalling?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 10:44:54 AM »
ZOW! That's living on the edge! Flying through those gaps at 200mph is insane. I wonder how much reserve energy and lift they have. As they approach a gap like that, and they determine they are approaching 5' too low, how much can they pull up before stalling?

I'm tellin ya! When I saw that first guy approaching that gap, I was thinking NO WAY!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 09:01:00 AM »
from the Wiki:
A typical skydiver's terminal velocity in belly to earth orientation ranges from 110 to 140 mph (180–225 km/h). A wingsuit can reduce these speeds dramatically. A vertical instantaneous velocity of -25 mph (-40 km/h) has been recorded.

Since 200mph is a bit high, the velocity is still tremendous. And if the wingsuit can achieve a negative dive, this means they can actually climb in one.

Now my reaction time is a different story... 
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)