Author Topic: Toll Pass mounting  (Read 6240 times)

Offline RideBellChain

• RideBellChain.com Send a bell, receive a free bell!
Re: Toll Pass mounting
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 01:42:01 PM »
I keep mine in the trunk of my bike.  the electronics are not messed up by plastic.  Keep it locked up, and just ride through...in FL, we use SunPass, and if it doesn't get the code, it takes a picture of my license plate and debits my account anyway, without penalty...so why worry?

Ride Safe!
Mark
http://www.RideBellChain.com
Ride Safe!  Mark Turkel
2012 Black Kawi Concours 14, 2008 Yami Royal Star Venture

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »
Just slightly off topic perhaps-

I agree with you about the secondary checking method (the photo of the license plate) but it seems that that has not been working out too well, at least here in the northeast and middle part of the country. More and more automated toll stations are putting in barriers to stop the vehicle until after the system authenticates the RFID device (EZ Pass here in RI). What used to be a pretty fast system is getting slowed down by vehicles having to come to a full stop to wait for the gate to go up.

Brian

I keep mine in the trunk of my bike.  the electronics are not messed up by plastic.  Keep it locked up, and just ride through...in FL, we use SunPass, and if it doesn't get the code, it takes a picture of my license plate and debits my account anyway, without penalty...so why worry?

Ride Safe!
Mark
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline C14_Rider

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2011, 11:19:46 PM »
Does it work to keep the unit on your person, like in a breast, thigh, or sleeve pocket?
Steve  2008 C14 ABS; Rostra cruise; Laminar Lip; Kwik Cover; Fenda Extenda; Murphs bar risers; V&H CS1 stainless (soon); Zumo;

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 12:28:19 PM »
Good question. I do not have any actual experience but I would think it would work in a leg or arm pocket because it would be close to the angle that they would normally mount to an auto windshield. Not sure about the breast pocket as the transponder would be pretty close to vertical but that might work too.

Brian

Does it work to keep the unit on your person, like in a breast, thigh, or sleeve pocket?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2011, 12:37:16 PM »
In Kalifornia it will pick it up in the glove box of a car unless its in the protective sleeve.
I just keep mine in my jacket pocket.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Son of Pappy

« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2011, 01:46:38 PM »
Here in WA State we have the good to go, the first gen motorcycle transponder was more like a thin brick than anything, I had mine mounted just behind the rear seat and mounted securely to the rack.  Worked quite well.  We have since gone to a very small stcker that mounts to the headlight, mostly transparent, with the exception of the small RFID tag.  I know use the brick on the klr mounted on the front of the fairing, KLrs aint 'sposed to look purty, so who cares?  It works!!!!!