Author Topic: '09 glove-box door spring orientation?  (Read 2554 times)

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
'09 glove-box door spring orientation?
« on: September 15, 2012, 12:50:55 PM »
I had my '09 glove-box and two top panels hydro painted with a carbon fiber pattern about three months ago.  Due to an intermission caused by the most rude interruption of the appearance of a cancer tumor on my neck and the resulting surgery to remove it, I didn't get around to putting the parts back on the bike until yesterday.  The long delay and the gravity of the interruption apparently fogged my brain and my memory of the order of assembly.  I ran into an unaccustomed snag when installing the springs that lift the door when the button is pressed.  I couldn't figure out how they go and after wasting a couple hours trying, I still can't.  Can anyone with an '08 or '09 take a couple of pictures for me so I can see just how to put them in their proper place.  If the offending items can be seen and photographed with the door in place - great.  If not, the top of the box can be easily removed as just two machine screws hold it in place and the piece can be flipped over and photographed.  If whoever sees fit to help me would rather send the picture(s) to my email rather than post them, my email address is pseudonym@sysmatrix.net.  Thanks in advance.

Here's a picture of the offending parts:
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline seajay

Re: '09 glove-box door spring orientation?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 02:05:56 PM »
Here are some pics, hope they help.

[smg id=370]
[smg id=371]
[smg id=372]
09 C14 ABS, Black

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 03:49:42 PM »
I believe the great majority of them are straight with a few being gay of course. The actual number of gay springs is widely debated and any studies done seen to produce wildly different statistics. Some also feel that the gay spring community exaggerates their presence.

Sorry, I just could not resist and it looks like someone already answered your question....  ;D

Brian

<snip>

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline BudCallaghan

• Rider proficiency determines worth of horsepower
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 05:00:43 PM »
Thank you Seajay,

Your pictures were quite welcome and helpful.  Now, after three months I can finally ride this thing again.

Here are some pics, hope they help.
Never let schooling interfere with your education or your ambition.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 05:14:28 PM »
Glad you're back in the saddle, Bud.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 05:42:35 PM »
Great to hear you are springing back into action! :thumbs:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »
Hey Bud, thanks for the call today, nice chattin with ya bro!  :)

I'm glad to see that SJ posted up the pics for you, sorry I wasn't home, looks like you should be good to go now.

Take care, I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!  :thumbs: :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 08:02:38 AM »
I believe the great majority of them are straight with a few being gay of course. The actual number of gay springs is widely debated and any studies done seen to produce wildly different statistics. Some also feel that the gay spring community exaggerates their presence.

Sorry, I just could not resist and it looks like someone already answered your question....  ;D

Brian

Not that there's anything wrong with having happy springs.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn