Author Topic: 2010 Concours ABS light on  (Read 664 times)

Offline Bzotya

2010 Concours ABS light on
« on: May 30, 2021, 05:27:40 AM »
I'm hoping someone able to chime in. Yesterday I bought a 2010 Concours with 27,000 miles on it. I realized the ABS light stays on. What could cause it? Thanks for any suggestion/ help.

Offline Freddy

Re: 2010 Concours ABS light on
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2021, 06:08:08 AM »
If you do the button pressing thing outlined in the servive manual it willtell you the cause.
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2021, 07:45:50 AM »
I'm hoping someone able to chime in. Yesterday I bought a 2010 Concours with 27,000 miles on it. I realized the ABS light stays on. What could cause it? Thanks for any suggestion/ help.

The ABS light stays on while you're riding?

FYI, normally the light illuminates after starting the bike and remains lit till the bike reaches 5 mph or something thereabouts.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2021, 07:46:33 AM »
From the 08 manual..  Will be adding more pics but you'll need to check the sensors and horror upon horror it could be the ABS unit itself.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2021, 07:54:03 AM »
One last pic....my pessimistic guess is the ABS unit based on the age of the bike.  Try flushing the brake fluid front and back if you haven't done that already.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2021, 10:17:05 AM »
One last pic....my pessimistic guess is the ABS unit based on the age of the bike.

Yep.  The 2008/2009 (gen1) ABS is quite different from the 2010+ (gen 2).  The codes are not the same, neither is getting the code.  The gen2 service manual has no such table like you posted in the brake section.  It says if it is in the "diagnostic mode" it will just display the 2 digit code on the display (and jump to that section of the manual).

Self diagnostic mode: With error warning present on screen, press upper button and lower button on display for more than 2 seconds.  The code(s) will be displayed on the screen).  ABS codes will have a "B" before the number.  The codes charts are 17-12 through 17-14.  About half are ABS codes.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Bzotya

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2021, 12:30:34 PM »
If you do the button pressing thing outlined in the servive manual it willtell you the cause.
I will have to look online for the manual because I didn't get it in in my hand.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2021, 03:01:03 PM »
I will have to look online for the manual because I didn't get it in in my hand.

It isn't online (unless you somehow find an illegal copy), has to be purchased from a dealer.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2021, 03:59:35 AM »
Yeah, well aware of the difference but there might have been some similarity in the troubleshooting.

Offline Freddy

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2021, 06:00:25 AM »
Nah - chalk & cheese.
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2021, 06:45:59 AM »
I like both.. ;)

Offline Bzotya

« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2021, 08:26:47 PM »
I went for a ride today 200 miles. There's nothing wrong with the ABS. Light goes right out after the bike takes off. I think the front wheel bering are worn out. When I  lean into the turns noise coming from the front wheel. I took it apart already and removed the bearings.