Author Topic: Hello from Eastern Washington.  (Read 795 times)

Offline GPzJeffrey

Hello from Eastern Washington.
« on: October 22, 2023, 07:25:51 PM »
Long time lurker, first time poster here.
I have a 2011 C14 (silver) that I bought from the original owner who was an active COG member. Spot on maintenance and care, but not exactly a garage queen, but the previous owner was absolutely meticulous. He just decided that he had too many toys and enjoyed riding his HD more.

My previous bike was a 1996 Kawasaki GPz1100, which I bought from the original owner with less than 5K miles on the clock. Over my 20 years of owning it, I rolled the clock over twice, averaging over 12,000 miles or so, which in hindsight was mostly on my daily 75 mile commute. I sold it last year with about 220K miles on it.

I loved that bike. I did all of my own maintenance. I lost track of the number of tires I went through. I do remember that I went through four sets of chains and sprockets, but I was religious about oiling the chain, and even got a manual chain oiler for it. I replaced all of the bearings once, including all suspension bearings, had the rear shock rebuilt twice, went through three sets of fork seals, and rebuilt the carbs three times, maybe four. I only had to adjust the valve clearance twice on a few valves, every time I checked them they were nearly always in spec.

I'm a mechanical engineer, working for a government contractor.

Offline Big Red

• Arena
Re: Hello from Eastern Washington.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2023, 01:38:06 PM »
Welcome!
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: Hello from Eastern Washington.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2023, 04:39:35 PM »
Welcome aboard.  :banana
We have at least one C14 out there that's done over 300k and several have done over 200k miles.
The Fat Ninja should be a bit more comfy than your GPZ and a little faster.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK