Author Topic: Online Motorcycle Mileage Log  (Read 1412 times)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
Online Motorcycle Mileage Log
« on: April 04, 2014, 09:35:17 AM »
I would like to invite  forum subscribers to participate in an online Mileage Log I have developed.
http://www.wfr-ridersclub.com/miles/miles.asp
The idea for this project dates back to an early version of one of my favorite forums which included a page for users to record their riding mileage. This was a fairly popular feature with forum users and came to be a daily stop for me as it was convenient for keeping track of my personal mileage accrual  and it was fun to see how I compared with other riders. When it was lost due to a change of forum software I decided to code my own.

This version is intended to include  riders of all types as well as multiple clubs and groups. If we can get a wide variety of rider styles and clubs to participate I think it will be interesting and entertaining to see how the different styles and groups compare.

The mileage log page allows for selective display of either specific categories and/or groups or the entire roster. This feature will of course be more useful once a significant number of riders are registered. For now the roster is populated with a handful of real riders plus some fictitious entries for test and demo purposes which will later be deleted. Take a look and give it a try. If you like the idea please spread the word.

This is an ongoing project and although tested extensively there will surely be some bugs. These will be promptly addressed and bug reports, suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

Thanks for reading and I hope you will enjoy the mileage log!

Ninja Bob (AKA lather)

P.S.

Mileage log is hosted at www.wfr-ridersclub.com. The West Florida Republic Riders Club is a regional/cyberspace  motorcycle club I founded to support local rides as well a generic host for mileage log. The area that I live in and do most of my riding in, was, for a very short while in 1810, the Republic of West Florida. So far the club has 3 members.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.