Author Topic: Who had the Bluetooth dongle...  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Y0ssarian

• Arena
  • 97% chance of being hit by a piano
Who had the Bluetooth dongle...
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:22:49 PM »
   I remember someone here had used one or two Bluetooth dongles to send audio from their radar detector to their headset. I was wondering which ones didn't shut off after a certain amount of inactivity.
The words of the prophets are written on the cylinder walls.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Who had the Bluetooth dongle...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 01:00:54 AM »
   I remember someone here had used one or two Bluetooth dongles to send audio from their radar detector to their headset. I was wondering which ones didn't shut off after a certain amount of inactivity.

I, too, would be interesting in hearing from people using hard-wired-powered-bluetooth audio senders.  It would have to be something that comes on automatically, never turns off, syncs automatically, has high quality sound, and without user interaction.

I have a Zumo without bluetooth, so a bluetooth headset is out.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 02:55:45 AM »
That may have been me since I have used a ton of them and found the miccus blubridge
http://www.amazon.com/Blubridge-Mini-Jack-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter/dp/B0052GT2P6

doesn't have an auto shutoff, but it only lasted 6 hours the last time I used it and I ride a lot longer than that most rides so I had to go back to using a wire.

I am waiting for Sena to get their transmitter to market, and that should be the first of July.  Hopefully it will have a long life and won't be too expensive.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 05:36:49 AM »
That may have been me since I have used a ton of them and found the miccus blubridge
http://www.amazon.com/Blubridge-Mini-Jack-Bluetooth-Wireless-Transmitter/dp/B0052GT2P6

doesn't have an auto shutoff, but it only lasted 6 hours the last time I used it and I ride a lot longer than that most rides so I had to go back to using a wire.

I am waiting for Sena to get their transmitter to market, and that should be the first of July.  Hopefully it will have a long life and won't be too expensive.

If the girl in your avatar is anywhere near you and is not your doughter, what are you doing riding a motorcycle?!  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 05:48:17 AM »
If the girl in your avatar is anywhere near you and is not your doughter, what are you doing riding a motorcycle?!  ;D

Not my daughter and I just grabbed her  :D  picture off the 'net
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 11:08:11 AM »
I've been running a J&M Bluetooth dongle for my Sirius sat radio and my Passport radar detector. I have a Scala Rider G4,and the dongle paired right up with no problem!

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 11:15:22 AM »
I've been running a J&M Bluetooth dongle for my Sirius sat radio and my Passport radar detector. I have a Scala Rider G4,and the dongle paired right up with no problem!

What kind of battery life is the J&M, I was looking at it the other day and didn't know if it would pair up to my Sena
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 11:29:54 AM »
No battery it's wired right into the bike! The only thing that limits me is the scala headset but I've got 9-10 hours of playtime out of it. The Dongle really works nice it"ll let the radar detector override the radio so I miss no alerts. I can also use it to send audio from my non bluetooth gps.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
No battery it's wired right into the bike! The only thing that limits me is the scala headset but I've got 9-10 hours of playtime out of it. The Dongle really works nice it"ll let the radar detector override the radio so I miss no alerts. I can also use it to send audio from my non bluetooth gps.

My Sena will last 14 hours at least.  I like the idea of hardwired and I would run the mixit2 into the bluetooth dongle and the mixit will give priority to the radar.

I may have to look into this some more.

What is the model number of the dongle you are using?  I see this one on J&M site:
http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JBLU-DNG02&PF=30   Is this it or a different one

I think I just saw the one you are talking about $299.99 for the BT dongle   ???  a little steep for me if that is the one
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »
Only thing of that description I could find on their site was this extremely expensive thing:  http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=JBLU-DNG01&PF=30   Is that what you are talking about?  You really paid $300???
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tthompsr

• 2009 Black Concours
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 07:43:44 PM »
Thats the one,but I've had it about a year and a half and if I recall was about 75 bucks cheaper! But it works!

Offline Y0ssarian

• Arena
  • 97% chance of being hit by a piano
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 08:17:54 PM »
Man, there's just no perfect solution. I guess I'll wait and see how the Sena SR10 works when it comes out. I'm hoping it will work with a CB radio the same way it works with FRS/GMRS radios, but I guess we'll see.
The words of the prophets are written on the cylinder walls.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 09:37:32 PM »
Man, there's just no perfect solution. I guess I'll wait

Exactly.  There are just so many variables and so many different things that people need or require.  And then there is price on top of it all.  I STILL don't know what I want to do.  I do know that I really didn't want to spend $700+ just to get rid of a cable connected between my helmet and non-bluetooth Zumo for directions and music.  I always ride 1 up.  I rarely ride with others now (so comm is less important). I thought it might be neat to add phone capability, but maybe not...  besides, a cable is cheap, doesn't need batteries and doesn't have "syncing" issues.