Author Topic: ZX14 Throttle Body install troubles  (Read 3633 times)

Offline EpicBadass

ZX14 Throttle Body install troubles
« on: August 03, 2013, 03:16:09 PM »
Hey everyone,

I recently got a set of ZX14 throttle bodies to put on my bike from ebay.  Well they arrived without injectors, sensors etc so I swapped them over to the ZX14 throttle bodies and installed them.  I started to button it back together and before I put all the fairings back on I went to try to start it and It runs fine, but I'm getting FI codes 11 and 32, and the subthrottle actuator (flies) makes a ticking sound on powering on.  Code 11 is the main throttle sensor and 32 is the subthrottle sensor.  So I figured well maybe I swapped the sensors around when I was putting them on.. Nope it actually changed the fault from 32 to 62, and I confirmed the sensors were originally in the correct places.  I pulled the throttle bodies back off to check that everything was connected correctly and looked good and I did not see anything wrong. Well to see if there was anything wrong with the TB I tried swapping everything BACK over to the C14 bodies and I still get the same fault and the actuator still clicks (both bodies have the actuators installed so it isn't the same one).

Well call me an idiot but am I missing anything obvious? I tried installing the sensors in the same positions on both bodies and then messed with the adjustment but to no avail.  Anyone else have issues when they installed theirs?

motocopter

Re: ZX14 Throttle Body install troubles
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 07:29:33 AM »
Not sure of the technique used to move the sensors from one assembly to another, but there is a specific procedure for setting those sensors. A voltage range is stated in the manual and is to be set with the throttles adjusted for the correct idle speed. This is the way the ECU knows these sensors are accurately reporting their position. I'm not sure how a sensor replacement can be performed without this task.

I did this adjustment on my Z1000, and found it not difficult.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 09:28:51 AM by motocopter »

Offline EpicBadass

Re: ZX14 Throttle Body install troubles
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 09:33:31 AM »
Awesome thanks, that was my next step.  I'm hoping that the secondary sensor is the same voltage as well, and since everything looks kosher this is the thing that made the most sense to me!  Thanks for the instructions!