Author Topic: gel or no gel on the seat  (Read 10223 times)

Offline dammit

Re: gel or no gel on the seat
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »
I took my oem seat to a local upolstery shop, and they custom made a seat for me using gel pads
for driver and passenger.
they used a higher quality leather for the cover and rides and looks great..

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 05:12:02 PM »
since someone mentions it: what about the Airhawk? is that a viable option? are you (those who had/have it) satisfied with it?
And which model goes on the C14's seat?
I'm sure it adresses the hardness of the seat, but what about the forward slope?

I'm not a fan of mine. Ended up taking it off early in my 6 day ride earlier this summer. I was all over the place adjusting the air up and down... even completely flat for a short period... with no apparent sweet spot. Getting a new low seat over the "less riding" months, then will give it another go. If I still don't like it, you'll find in in the classifieds. It did seam to "restore" the forward slope that the Spencer's mod removed.

But, back to the OP... I like the gel on my Ducati. Not bothered by the heat issue (which is all true)... It definitely increased my seat time (continuous duration) on that bike, without too much soreness once I was off. And even that didn't last long. If it was super hot out, I just flipped my tank bag onto the seat while I was off it. I'd entertain a gel on this bike, if the stars aligned.
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 07:24:59 PM »
Gel only good for....  ah nevermind lets keep it g-rated
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine