Author Topic: Start the year right -- two wheels on New Year's morning  (Read 3040 times)

Offline redzgrider

Start the year right -- two wheels on New Year's morning
« on: December 28, 2013, 06:35:32 AM »
I've always believed that how we start the year is a good indicator of how the year will go (that's my story for this missive anyway), so I like to start my year on two wheels.
I'm going to make a run from Orlando to the Yalaha bakery on New Year's morning, departing from the BP on the south east corner of Maguire at Colonial, and headed up through Mt. Plymouth and Mt. Dora on the way:
http://goo.gl/maps/Ys1nE
Should hit the BP right around 0900, rolling out about 0915ish. Wouldn't surprise me to be at the bakery around 1030 or so, calling the ride ended at the west orange trail around 1200 or 1230, then home in time for lunch with my sweetie.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Start the year right -- two wheels on New Year's morning
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 06:59:35 AM »
Don't worry about the January weather and enjoy the ride.  ::)

I find it a bit presumptuous for any place in Florida the be named 'MT.' anything.  :rotflmao:

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 07:47:47 AM »
I hope the weather isn't too terribly cold for you down there in Orlando.  LOL! 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 08:10:46 AM »
Nice

I'm going to run my C14 from Tampa to the smallest Post Office in America, HWY 41 South of Alligator Alley and Naples.  You're welcome to keep going south and meet us there New Years day. I'll be taking DSLR camera gear and such.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2013, 06:14:23 AM »
I just checked my local forecast for New Years eve/day. Two wheels are out of the question for me.

Low of 10 with several inches of snow possible for the Eve plus more on the way for the Day.    :(

I'll be on the snowmobile instead.    :)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 06:25:18 AM »
I just checked my local forecast for New Years eve/day. Two wheels are out of the question for me.

Low of 10 with several inches of snow possible for the Eve plus more on the way for the Day.    :(

I want to try that one day!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2013, 06:48:26 AM »
I want to try that one day!

VERY fun stuff Steve! My 3 grandsons were here for Christmas and I took them out. The two yongest (10 and 12) didn't care for it much but the 14 year old had some crazy fun driving a sled for the first time! I coudn't get him off of the dang thing!   :)

I have two sleds and I ended up turning them over to my son and grandson for the afternoon. They both came back beat but with HUGE smiles on their faces!  ;D

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2013, 09:21:25 AM »

The boss gave ya the day off, eh ;)

I'm going to end a great year on the trails.  If 2014 is half as good as 2013 I'll be a happy rider for sure :)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2013, 09:51:09 AM »
The boss gave ya the day off, eh ;)

Yep, it took a bit of doing but I have a couple of days off to work with.    ;D

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2014, 03:22:21 PM »
I was out at about 2AM-3AM already.  Sober, thanks for asking.  It was SOOOO strange
riding along at the posted limit +5.  But it seemed like a good idea.  Everybody on the road
was being so cautious and slow.  Which was good.

Going for a quick head clearing pass down the Angeles Crest in a few minutes, up to the LA County gates that will be closed for Winter.  But it has been warm, and the road will be deserted.

200 miles of twisties, very fast sweepers, and lunch at the end. 

saxman
2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!