Author Topic: Suzuki B King  (Read 7796 times)

Offline Z71

Suzuki B King
« on: January 31, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
Anyone else here has one?  I bought mine only because it was dirt cheap and I could not resist. It is definitely a high end Suzuki bike, much better quality overall than my Bandit 1250.  The gearbox is butter smooth, and the power is intoxicating.
The negatives are poor wind protection.

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Suzuki B King
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 09:01:28 PM »
I don't have one but have recently been intrigued with one for sale local to me (also dirt cheap)...
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcd/2800298455.html

Is it tough to get parts for them? I think they only made them for one year right?? Post up some pics of yours!

I even trolled for exhaust for it to see what is available out there, found a nice Yosh dual setup for it.  8)

That stock exhaust is as hideous as the Connie stock exhaust!  :doublepuke:

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 09:14:03 PM »
I was watching the new leftovers priced under $9000. Real cheap.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Z71

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 09:36:25 PM »
I don't have one but have recently been intrigued with one for sale local to me (also dirt cheap)...
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/mcd/2800298455.html

Is it tough to get parts for them? I think they only made them for one year right?? Post up some pics of yours!

I even trolled for exhaust for it to see what is available out there, found a nice Yosh dual setup for it.  8)

That stock exhaust is as hideous as the Connie stock exhaust!  :doublepuke:

Parts are not a problem.  They only sold it for a year in the US, but the bike sold much better in Europe, Australia and Asia and I believe Suzuki still makes it for those continents only.   

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 10:13:01 PM »
Parts are not a problem.  They only sold it for a year in the US, but the bike sold much better in Europe, Australia and Asia and I believe Suzuki still makes it for those continents only.

What exhaust are you running on yours Z71? Can you post up some pics of her for us??

Offline Arata

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2012, 09:57:49 AM »
I would so have one of those if I didn't already have too many bikes!
2014 V Strom 1000
2008 C14
2004 ZRX1200R
1993 GSXR 1100

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »
I would so have one of those if I didn't already have too many bikes!

Time to get a bigger garage bro...  ;)

Offline Z71

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »

What exhaust are you running on yours Z71? Can you post up some pics of her for us??

No mods yet, except for addition of frame, and fork sliders. 

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 10:04:31 PM »
No mods yet, except for addition of frame, and fork sliders.

Addition of frame?? Do tell...  ???

Also still waiting on some pics bro...

Offline ntputter17

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 02:43:46 AM »
Love the B King. Fastest bike I have ever owned. The Concours 14, with flies pulled, Two brothers and PCV is a very quick bike, but the B King is a whole nutha level..........Kirk
2008 Connie---"The Tool"
2008 B-King---"The Beast"

Offline booger

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 05:45:58 PM »
Top end is computer controlled

Go ahead and get a busa instead

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 07:14:02 PM »

Why get a bike that everyone owns......especially the brothas?
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Z71

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 08:35:49 PM »

Nah, the B King has better ergos for me.  The top speed limiter is easy to bypass.  The bike can be made real fast with rather simple mods.   But who cares, how often do I have a need to go over 150 MPH on a public highway?

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 11:10:08 PM »
Why get a bike that everyone owns......especially the brothas?

Wow.  Lots of pros and cons that go through my head when deciding to buy a bike.  Whether a "brotha" owns one or not has never been one of them. 
BTW, stormfront.org is that way------->
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 12:28:54 AM »
Wow.  Lots of pros and cons that go through my head when deciding to buy a bike.  Whether a "brotha" owns one or not has never been one of them. 
BTW, stormfront.org is that way------->

Your a jackwagon, and you don't know a thing about me. I made a tongue in cheek comment which is actually not far off base "IT WAS A JOKE", yet come to where I live and you will see exactly why I said what I said. You are the one who is being judgemental.......not I, so comparing me to a white supremacist was a low blow. I see no difference when riders compare many Harley owners, squids, BMW snobs etc.....is that OK in your eyes? Suppose I had said a BMW is a cracker, whitey or honky bike, would that be acceptable, and would that not be somewhat accurate yet funny? Kinda like saying many people who drive luxury cars or high end sports cars, think their crap doesn't stink. Go find a sense of humor, and don't pass harsh judgment on folks you don't know.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline AZBiker

• My photos
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 12:24:24 PM »
Your a jackwagon, and you don't know a thing about me. I made a tongue in cheek comment which is actually not far off base "IT WAS A JOKE", yet come to where I live and you will see exactly why I said what I said. You are the one who is being judgemental.......not I, so comparing me to a white supremacist was a low blow. I see no difference when riders compare many Harley owners, squids, BMW snobs etc.....is that OK in your eyes? Suppose I had said a BMW is a cracker, whitey or honky bike, would that be acceptable, and would that not be somewhat accurate yet funny? Kinda like saying many people who drive luxury cars or high end sports cars, think their crap doesn't stink. Go find a sense of humor, and don't pass harsh judgment on folks you don't know.

I grew up in flyover country, so no thanks.  Enjoy your potholes, ice storms and silly little permission slips to exercise your constitutional rights.

I was raised in Kansas City, in the city.

I don't give a whit what someone rides, just that they ride.  Where have I ever made a joke about someone's choice of bike? 

Methinks you're projecting your classist, racist bias.

Of course you're not a Supremacist.  Unlike you, they proudly claim their bias even as repugnant as it is.  You OTOH, react with indignation, straw men and doubletalk when someone calls you out on it.
rubber side down,

Derek
93 Cali black & red

Offline booger

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 05:42:25 PM »
I see no difference when riders compare many Harley owners, squids, BMW snobs etc.....is that OK in your eyes?

Pokey, with all due respect, comparing (or laughing) at Harley owner,squids, BMW snobs, etc.  has nothing to do with race.   Neither does driving luxury or high end sports cars  and thinking their crap doesn't stink.

"Brotha" is racist.  As is cracker, whitey or honky.  And Idon't refer to any of my fellow human beings by words that signify color or race.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 11:13:57 PM »
Damn you guys crack me up.......really gotta watch what you say these days "obviously", there is always somebody who is gonna be offended. ::) And since when is "brotha" a racist word or comment? Wow I had better quit calling one of my best buddies that, and I will let you guess as to his ethnic roots. I also shared with him what I said, and what has been said about me.......he laughed his ass off. Stereotyping is real and something we all do frequently in some fashion, whether being malicious or just purely joking around. WE ALL STEREOTYPE, in one way or another..........so let he without sin cast the first stone. So in closing I will apologize for my stereotyping of Busa riders, I meant nothing racist by any means, it was simply a perception. I will now go find a thread where I can join in on the stereotypical comments about Harley riders. I will not use hillbilly, honky, peckerwood, redneck, twinkie, whitey, and lastly a yank. And yes I would love to add a Busa to my garage, even more so a new ZX14. So buy and ride what ya like, doesn't matter what anybody thinks anyways.

So for your viewing pleasure, here is a list of racial/ethnic slurs. Hmmmmmmm.....don't see "brotha" listed anywhere. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 02:33:30 PM »
To Pokeys defense... I call everyone on here bro and brutha all the time.  :-\

I even call my daughters dude some time, you know like "dude, you gotta be kiding me"... Does that mean I'm sexist??  ::)

I think you guys (or dudes, gals, bro's, brutha's, etc) are taking what Poke said out of context.

So...

And before you try to bash me, NO I'M NOT A RACIST! I like all the colors, red, blue, black, even silver!
(ok, maybe not silver but don't tell the silver guys that...  ;) )

Offline koval68

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 06:34:26 PM »
.....and I still love you too, Pokey!  ;)
No, I don't think you're Racist and believe me......you've got more friends around here than you think!
I agree with ZG.....Lighten Up Guys!!!
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi