Author Topic: Facelift for the 06  (Read 4984 times)

Offline F-106

Facelift for the 06
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:55:53 PM »
After talking to the nice guys at Rifle. They told me a colormatch base for the 06 was around 200.00 bucks. Well, thats not going to work So, seeing I had good luck painting the rear fender and front fender extender. I decided to have some basecoat mixed up and paint the base myself. It is the first time I have shot water base basecoat. But, I have to say it was not a bad a I thought it would be. Four coats of base and 3 coats of clear and I was done. I will say it is a shade off but outside in the light it looks pretty close and i can live with that. I did not mind the rough finish of the Rifle base but the black looked cheap to me on such a quilty bike like the Concours and it had to go.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 09:06:46 AM by F-106 »
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
Re: Facelift for the 06
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 08:00:27 AM »
looks great!!

Offline Tele130

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 08:13:54 AM »
Very nice Bill........................very nice indeed. :thumbs:
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline George R. Young

• Concours 2001 Farkles
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
All you need now is Murph to come up with blue stainless screws.
65 CB160 (67-69), 69 350GTR (69-72), 72 R5, 73 RD350 (73-84), 82 XZ550 Vision (84-03), 01 Concours C10 (03-19), 89 EX250 (11-14), 00 SV650S (14-16), 03 SV650S (19-)

Offline Pfloydgad

• When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 08:52:24 PM »
WHAT, is it going to take. ?   :D
Looks good, for dark blue,
Greg
Why did we have to run for cover with the promise of a brave new world unfold beneath the clear blue sky ?

Offline kisley

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 06:12:09 AM »
Looks good.  What height are you running on the rifle.  Switched to a corbin seat I picked up on craigslist and seem to be getting more air than I did with the stock seat.  Wife says the corbin is a big improvement over stock.

Offline F-106

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 09:00:37 AM »
Mine is the stock seat reworked and covered. The shield size is a 17". It fits me perfect as the rider but the wife told me she gets some head buffiting at highway speeds. So, depending on how tall your wife is you may want to go for the 19" Rifle offers. GOOD LUCK
Looks good.  What height are you running on the rifle.  Switched to a corbin seat I picked up on craigslist and seem to be getting more air than I did with the stock seat.  Wife says the corbin is a big improvement over stock.
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline emjayw

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2012, 03:26:28 PM »
Just a quick observation...   You seem to be always painting some bit or doing a fresh cleaning, do you ever actually ride the bike?  How many (s)miles does it have?  Nice looking Connie, but way too clean for an everyday mount.  Mike in TX

Offline Tele130

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2012, 10:49:20 PM »
Just a quick observation...   You seem to be always painting some bit or doing a fresh cleaning, do you ever actually ride the bike?  How many (s)miles does it have?  Nice looking Connie, but way too clean for an everyday mount.  Mike in TX

He does ride it everyday.  He's in Southern Califorinia.  It never rains there, just like the song ;D.
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 04:26:40 AM »
He does ride it everyday.  He's in Southern Califorinia.  It never rains there, just like the song ;D.
Maybe he was talking to you Doug  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :stirpot:
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline kisley

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2012, 06:15:34 AM »
That's what I have been leaning towards.  Thanks

Offline F-106

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2012, 11:18:57 AM »
Well Mike it is like this. I bought the bike from a friend that took care of the bike to start with. So I had a good exsample that was in all a factory new condition bike with only 4,300 miles on when I got it. The bike now a year later has right at 14,000. yes I ride it everyday to work and short rides on weekends. Just did the second vavle adjust and it is on the forth oil change since I bought it. We do not get harsh weather here in California like Doug has mentioned and the bike is garaged at home an at work. I do keep up with my bikes. Wipe it down every other day and I put in a few hours of detail with my son on saturday mornings after I ride. I will agree I am pickyer than most when it come to how clean I keep my bikes. I do enjoy the painting projects. Projects like those do not cost alot and they are fun projects I can do with my son.   
IN THRUST WE TRUST

Offline emjayw

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2012, 05:37:40 PM »
No dis intended F-106.  I get the same treatment from my fellow riders as my '01 has gained over 15K since last June when I bought it and although it gets peppered with bugs here in north Texas on each and every ride, it gets wiped down after each one and washed when I can't get it clean enough with a wipe down.  Mine's at 32K+ and just got new Galfer stainless braided brake lines and green led lights in the dash.  Gotta love those good brake lines..... now it's a 2-finger stop each and every time without any change in feel.   I've got to do a valve check one of these days.  I ride at least 3 or 4 days a week and longer rides (150-200mi) each Sunday.  Connie and I have been through Colorado, New Mexico and down to Big Bend all last year.  Looking forward to another swing through Colorado this year when our temps get up near 100+.  Keep on shining, she sure looks good.   Mike

Offline F-106

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 07:09:05 AM »
No problem Mike. If you ever want to take a ride this way let me know. I will take a few days off and we will ride down U.S 1
No dis intended F-106.  I get the same treatment from my fellow riders as my '01 has gained over 15K since last June when I bought it and although it gets peppered with bugs here in north Texas on each and every ride, it gets wiped down after each one and washed when I can't get it clean enough with a wipe down.  Mine's at 32K+ and just got new Galfer stainless braided brake lines and green led lights in the dash.  Gotta love those good brake lines..... now it's a 2-finger stop each and every time without any change in feel.   I've got to do a valve check one of these days.  I ride at least 3 or 4 days a week and longer rides (150-200mi) each Sunday.  Connie and I have been through Colorado, New Mexico and down to Big Bend all last year.  Looking forward to another swing through Colorado this year when our temps get up near 100+.  Keep on shining, she sure looks good.   Mike
IN THRUST WE TRUST