Author Topic: Google Glass for your helmet!  (Read 3942 times)

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
Google Glass for your helmet!
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:38:10 PM »
My techie cousin is working on a Google Glass set-up for my Shoei Helmet. He is reworking the display to project on a slightly mirrored face shield and intertwining the camera with my existing speakers and mic. When finished we hope to call-up video, internet, and even play video through a blue-tooth source! No more mindless droning down the slab when the scenery gets boring. I should be able to chat and message friends at speed and even catch a movie or show while at speed. I'm looking forward to watching Oblivion while riding I-80 across Nebraska. He is just tweaking the sound muffling now so the voice commands get through without shouting. I don't know what we'll have in it when done but I'll let you know.   ;D
'98 becoming more farkled up by the minute.

R.I.P. Steve Earl  "Mr. FJR"

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Google Glass for your helmet!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 02:07:24 PM »
Since you posted and opened the subject for comment, in my not so humble opinion, there is enough distracted driving going on without adding to it. Take the car.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 02:28:43 PM »
Scary thought...  I agree with you, Gary.   Keep it out of the car as well, at least for the driver.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Gsun

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2014, 04:57:12 PM »
 :rotflmao: :popcorn:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2014, 06:03:38 PM »
Right....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2014, 06:13:52 PM »
Humor is usually has a touch of truth.

Offline Jet86

• California
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »
will this thing record your death for youtube when you slam into that car because you was chatting with friends.  ::)

1986 California Connie 87k and counting

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 04:58:53 AM »
My techie cousin is working on a Google Glass set-up for my Shoei Helmet. He is reworking the display to project on a slightly mirrored face shield and intertwining the camera with my existing speakers and mic. When finished we hope to call-up video, internet, and even play video through a blue-tooth source! No more mindless droning down the slab when the scenery gets boring. I should be able to chat and message friends at speed and even catch a movie or show while at speed. I'm looking forward to watching Oblivion while riding I-80 across Nebraska. He is just tweaking the sound muffling now so the voice commands get through without shouting. I don't know what we'll have in it when done but I'll let you know.   ;D

That's :censored: crazy.   :o  Just stay home to watch your movies before you kill yourself/someone.

April Fools?

One of the folks my wife works with is a Google Glass beta tester and he wears those things ALL the time at work. He's a jerk from what I hear and I told my wife to ask him if after all the practice he's had with the glasses if he's mastered them yet.

Has he become a master beta tester?    ;)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 05:34:31 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Jim __

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 06:04:33 AM »
I want to believe this is a joke but watching what people do in there cars while driving horrifies me that it's not!  I think I'll stay clear of I-80 across Nebraska!

Offline slacker074

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 06:18:17 AM »
 :o Really? I mean.. really?

Offline Cybercraig

• Sprayboy-Services
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 09:03:28 AM »
Oh well, this was the best April Fools joke I could come up with. Last year's was much better as I was installing a 12v - 11" TV and a DVR on a shelf behind my windshield. I had one mod so bent out of shape (former LEO?) that I thought he was going to turn me in. I've had the solid rubber tires (never a flat!), the CNG conversion, and the hydraulic lifter kit (never adjust a valve again). I'm starting to run out of ideas. Keep that rubber side down!  ;)
'98 becoming more farkled up by the minute.

R.I.P. Steve Earl  "Mr. FJR"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 10:03:08 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 08:27:09 PM »
The problem is the O.P. intended this as a joke now, but rest assured it will come in the future.  Someday it may become required.  Recent news item:  Rear-vision cameras to be mandatory soon for all cars, for your safety. Soon you will be required to carry a GPS-enabled cell phone for your safety, so they can find you in the event you are in danger.  Soon cars will be required to have car-to-car intercommunications so they can talk to each other for your safety.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2014, 09:18:45 PM »
 8) Good one, Cybercraig!

Gotta admit, you had me wondering if some screws had shook loose in that head o' yers!

;D

If nothing else... Good recovery from a fail! Lol.....
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr