Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 726917 times)

Offline MrPepsi

Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #1900 on: February 23, 2015, 12:35:36 PM »
There are two pieces of bread people. Spread the PB first, then wipe the knife on slice number two before moving on to the Jelly.
Sheesh, rookies

Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #1901 on: February 23, 2015, 01:24:24 PM »
Well, if my views and observances are correct, and I am not saying they are, that is unfortunate because I do not see life (any life) having the proverbial happy ending..... I am really kinda' hopin' someone else's views were correct here.

But if any of my views are correct, I  would like to think it was my view of the 'Monty Hall problem', which is as follows: the odds of having already chosen the correct door DO NOT and CAN NOT change based on being shown that one of the doors not chosen is a losing choice. C'mon people, how can that possibly be correct that one should change the original choice given absolutely no more information about the door chosen or the door remaining unopened? Another classic application of statistics that simply does not apply and further, can absorb far too much time when the initial thought is correct and only foolish people would dwell on it.

About the peanut butter: this one time, in band camp.... well, actually my kitchen, we had a friend over, sitting at my kitchen table, WHEN SUDDENLY, it was time to re-bait my mouse trapline. So I get the mousetraps (all empty, all 'uncocked'), get a butter knife out of the drawer, grab a big glob of peanut butter and then proceed to fill the bait cup on each trap, one after the other, using that one blob of peanut butter. I put the knife in the sink, put the peanut butter back into the cupboard and our guest says: 'Well, I guess I will not be eating anything with peanut butter in it here!'. Hmmmm. I ask her why and she says that what I did was gross. Fine and well, it may have been gross but how in the world would that make any difference to the peanut butter in the jar? She sticks with her original answer that it is simply gross..... But I put a perfectly clean knife, that anyone of us might have used that very day as an eating utensil, into a perfectly clean, uncontaminated jar of peanut butter and removed some, just as I would have to eat myself. Why in the world did it matter where the peanut butter, on the knife, was then placed, as long as the knife was properly cleaned before re- use? Besides, if she really wanted to avoid something in my house due to 'grossness', would it not be better to avoid butter knives, given the knowledge that I have used at least one to come into contact with a used mouse trap? I tells' ya' people make no sense.

And don't even get me started on Quantum Mechanics! Some of our best and brightest have tripped and fallen down into that trap (and yes, I am talking to you Sax Man!).

And in the background of that disgusting photograph of that man eating what looks like an animal's foot (yech!), is that Greg H. about to pounce on his wife? Sure looks like an evidence picture to me.....  :rotflmao:

Brian

No Brian, I think most of your views on the world are crystal clear accurate, and right on the money. However, there is no doubt in my mind that you
are one warped individual.  ;)

AND...I'll have you know that I'm a ball to have around at Christmas. Just not sure which one, left or right.

..anyway..talking about nothing at all...

I wish PB&J was known as J&PB, at least at my house. Because of the order, I think most spread the peanut butter first and then (using the same knife) spread the jelly/jam second. Invariably this gets a little peanut butter in the jelly. Now as the jelly level goes down it becomes less clear as to what that mystery stuff is down there. Is it butter? Is it Peanut butter? Is it MOLD? It's unsightly whatever it is. I wouldn't mind a little jelly in with the peanut butter, fairly easy to see what it is and even remove it if needed. Not so with the jelly jar, it moves around and seems to avoid sticking to the knife and then when you do finally get it near the tip of the knife, it splits in two and now only half of it is removed.
They could at least spread the jelly first and then (when no one is looking) carefully lick the knife clean (like I do) before sticking it in the peanut butter jar.  8)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1902 on: February 23, 2015, 01:28:39 PM »
Now see that, a man comes along, uses the identical tools and products and yet does not spread mayhem all over the kitchen. Kudos Brent for inventing the better proverbial mousetrap!

My wife eats her PB & J without the PB and instead substitutes cottage cheese. Yep, it draws a crowd when she eats one of those....  Just when you think that would be as strange as it could get, she then eats plain spaghetti covered with cottage cheese and ketchup. A chill just went up my back just thinking about that.

Brian

There are two pieces of bread people. Spread the PB first, then wipe the knife on slice number two before moving on to the Jelly.
Sheesh, rookies
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1903 on: February 23, 2015, 01:32:56 PM »
Now see that, a man comes along, uses the identical tools and products and yet does not spread mayhem all over the kitchen. Kudos Brent for inventing the better proverbial mousetrap!

My wife eats her PB & J without the PB and instead substitutes cottage cheese. Yep, it draws a crowd when she eats one of those....  Just when you think that would be as strange as it could get, she then eats plain spaghetti covered with cottage cheese and ketchup. A chill just went up my back just thinking about that.

Brian

The horror... the horror...

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #1904 on: February 27, 2015, 07:22:25 PM »
A doughnut without a hole is called a Danish.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Sgt Mac

« Reply #1905 on: February 28, 2015, 12:49:41 PM »
...she then eats plain spaghetti covered with cottage cheese and ketchup. A chill just went up my back just thinking about that.

:o

Words fail me.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #1906 on: March 02, 2015, 06:25:40 AM »
Now see that, a man comes along, uses the identical tools and products and yet does not spread mayhem all over the....

Indeed.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1907 on: March 02, 2015, 07:24:24 AM »
Indeed.

Stone cold truth right there!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1908 on: March 02, 2015, 09:11:56 AM »
 :thumbs: :goodpost:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1909 on: March 02, 2015, 09:22:54 AM »
AND...... the really, really annoying part..... the word shampoo is the one in the smallest font on the entire label. Everything else that I do not care about, most of which is on that chart but also includes, for dry hair, for oily hair, for long hair, for short hair, etc., etc. is written in large, bold letters. The only ones I can read when I am in the shower w/out my reading glasses!!!! Yep, I can see that it is 'New', 'Improved', is in a larger, more convenient container, smells like coconuts and a million other things but I CANNOT TELL if it is shampoo, conditioner or body wash!

So then, as a tool to live with this situation, I turn the conditioner bottle upside down and the shampoo right side up. Ah, blessed happiness..... until my wife uses that shower and does not need 'the system' 'cause she can still read the words (her far sight is lousy but close sight is great).

I feel like Andy Rooney.  ;D

Brian

Indeed.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #1910 on: March 02, 2015, 10:01:04 AM »
Ah, blessed happiness..... until my wife uses that shower and does not need 'the system'...

LOL, speaking of systems...the shower at my house is like a hotel...lol. My wife has one of these dispenser jobbies installed:

http://www.houzz.com/photos/6336484/AVIVA-3-Shower-Dispenser-contemporary-bathroom-accessories

I can operate it with my eyes closed, and I have no idea what brands or types of products are in them...lol. I can't remember the last time I saw a traditional bar of soap in my house. She puts everything in dispensers...lol.

She's crazy, but I love her for it...LOL.

Rem :o
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #1911 on: March 02, 2015, 10:01:50 AM »
Oh, and while we're looking at pie charts...

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #1912 on: March 02, 2015, 10:10:35 AM »
Haha...I was just a kid at the time, but I remember my friend's parents bought one of those JVC top-loader VCR's way back when...it even had a corded remote control. High tech...lol, I also remember that it cost around $3500 bucks...hahaha. How did we get here from there?

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #1913 on: March 02, 2015, 01:26:28 PM »
Somehow I tripped over..... this..... a while back. Been having flashbacks ever since. Sometimes it keeps me up at night.

It is a child's skull (human child, homo sapiens sapiens so it is claimed) showing both a set of milk or baby teeth, plus at least what appears to be 300 more, permanent teeth, that have not erupted yet. Though they have fully erupted in my psyche. Supposedly, all of us looked like that at one time but I am absolutely sure that neither myself or anyone I ever knew looked like that. The only thing that ever came close to looking like that was the Predator when he was really pi$$ed at Arnie, opened his mouth wide and screamed. But even that was only the barest resemblance and much, much less scary looking than this....

Shiver me timbers!

Brian

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1914 on: March 02, 2015, 05:01:34 PM »
AND...... the really, really annoying part..... the word shampoo is the one in the smallest font on the entire label. Everything else that I do not care about, most of which is on that chart but also includes, for dry hair, for oily hair, for long hair, for short hair, etc., etc. is written in large, bold letters. The only ones I can read when I am in the shower w/out my reading glasses!!!! Yep, I can see that it is 'New', 'Improved', is in a larger, more convenient container, smells like coconuts and a million other things but I CANNOT TELL if it is shampoo, conditioner or body wash!

So then, as a tool to live with this situation, I turn the conditioner bottle upside down and the shampoo right side up. Ah, blessed happiness..... until my wife uses that shower and does not need 'the system' 'cause she can still read the words (her far sight is lousy but close sight is great).

I feel like Andy Rooney.  ;D

Brian

Another absolute truth! WHY??? My wife leaves 2 or 3 different shampoos and conditioners in the shower. No idea which is which without a microscope.

This is what a shampoo label looks like:

AWESOMENESS IN A BOTTLE

BY JAQUE LERTANDEDLO

shampoo   

NO SEAGULLS OR TURTLES HARMED

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #1915 on: March 02, 2015, 05:06:15 PM »
Somehow I tripped over..... this..... a while back. Been having flashbacks ever since. Sometimes it keeps me up at night.

It is a child's skull (human child, homo sapiens sapiens so it is claimed) showing both a set of milk or baby teeth, plus at least what appears to be 300 more, permanent teeth, that have not erupted yet. Though they have fully erupted in my psyche. Supposedly, all of us looked like that at one time but I am absolutely sure that neither myself or anyone I ever knew looked like that. The only thing that ever came close to looking like that was the Predator when he was really pi$$ed at Arnie, opened his mouth wide and screamed. But even that was only the barest resemblance and much, much less scary looking than this....

Shiver me timbers!

Brian

:yikes:  Wish I could un-see that..

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1916 on: March 02, 2015, 05:26:13 PM »
Another absolute truth! WHY??? My wife leaves 2 or 3 different shampoos and conditioners in the shower. No idea which is which without a microscope.

This is what a shampoo label looks like:

AWESOMENESS IN A BOTTLE

BY JAQUE LERTANDEDLO

shampoo   

NO SEAGULLS OR TURTLES HARMED

I use the stuff enriched with bald eagle eggs that comes in the bottle made from pelt of a baby seal, it works the best.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1917 on: March 02, 2015, 06:12:17 PM »
My current shampoo is argan oil of morocco..  It's a unique, precious blend of argan oil of morrocco (WTF is that?) which instantly penetrates the hair shaft restoring shine and softness while strengthening and creating soft, seductive, silky perfection. 

My advice is not to get this  :censored: as the pump in the top doesn't work so well.  I've told my wife to get something else next time.  The sad thing is, if she doesn't like it then I have to finish it off cause I can't stand to have something bought and then thrown away.

So if a biker walks past you and smells of argan oil of morocco, it could be me.  :rotflmao: :nuts:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #1918 on: March 02, 2015, 06:24:59 PM »

So if a biker walks past you and smells of argan oil of morocco, it could be me.  :rotflmao: :nuts:

Not for nothin', but you may want to avoid San Francisco until you get different shampoo. I"m just sayin......

:rotflmao:
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #1919 on: March 02, 2015, 06:32:57 PM »
That may be more than a few of us based on the answers here...