Author Topic: I managed to "hit it" last night  (Read 14973 times)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: I managed to "hit it" last night [100K Miles]
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »
While 100,000 dancing bananas may be a bit excessive, I think that 3 is not out of order.  :banana :banana :banana
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 05:00:09 PM »
just for you Steve... appropo...
http://youtu.be/ov4epAJRPMw

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 12:50:12 PM »
Best of SMILES for the next 100000 to ya.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 01:26:35 PM »
fantastic, Steve. It makes me want to ride, like if I needed another excuse  ;D I just managed 60 thousand in the 6 years of ownership, but I ride other bikes on regular basis.
Fantastic post.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: I managed to "hit it" last night
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 07:39:05 PM »
sorry guys i been in SC with phone and tablet only past few days...  here goes catching up  ;D

Incredible. This post alone should be enough of a testimonial for those questioning the bike's reliability. And with newer models, it's even less of a question IMO. To be quite honest, THAT (reliability) was the main reason I buoght this bike over a K1600GT. And very glad I did. Turns out it's a better bike than said BMW in many other ways. Very glad to be part of this family. Now just needs the stupid cancer to go away so I can ride it 8). Everything indicates in a few weeks I'll have my wish. Can't wait. Have a great weekend ahead folks.

word, the C14 bikes amazes me! I'm far from the 1st to hit it too, many other are WAY beyond 100K

Nice! Congrats Steve.

Mine had 97K on it last year and now has 98K.  :-[  If this keeps up, it will be three more years before I turn the last digit on the odometer.

Brian

Brian I couldn;t call out everyone I appreciate in regards to friends and family who have been a part of this bikes 100K, but don't think I'll EVER forget you and your lovely wife and the leg showing me the lighthouses and Mystic Pizza my friend.  I still owe y'all a dinner too!

By my calculations, it will take me 24.5 more years to hit 100K.  Oh, and it would happen years before my car, and the car is 2 years older!

Hey- at least I get to spend less on service :)

Thats all good too sir, you won't have to replace bikes as often as me either

And thanks for all the congrats. 

***Sailer_chic, looking forward to seeing you in Rockhill SC for the BBQ get together.  Always nice to see you!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 06:28:49 AM »
and I forgot:

the KI-PASS force is strong with you, my friend.
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 09:12:48 AM »
Lots of riding over the last few days due to awesome weather so I am a little late in saying:
CONGRATS STEVE and WELCOME to the 6 digit club! :chugbeer: 

Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline tomp

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 11:25:49 PM »
Crazy, but I've had 11 bikes in the past ten years, so, to get that many miles on one bike would/will never happen for me.  Congrats.  You are up there in the Airhead BMW crowd, now.  That and Electra Glide and Gold wing  realms.  In a class by yourself for a 14, I'll bet.  tomp 
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline banditrider

• Two wheels are all you need!
    • Off for a ride
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 01:55:17 AM »
Nice!  I've recently hit 125,000km so a few more to go to hit the imperial ton.

NZ is small, that's my excuse...
'08 Concours 14: Rad guard, Stebel, Oxford Hot grips, Projekt D Screen, Hugger, GPS mount, helmet locks & fender extender, Zumo 550, Stebel, Phil's rack & Givi V46, Sheepskin seat cover, Phillips Extreme vision +100 bulbs.

Offline charles r

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 02:35:31 AM »
Welcome to the club Steve!

I drag raced faster at 100k than I did at 30k, so by the time you hit 200k it'll just be broken in! ;D

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 04:48:31 AM »
Congrats, Steve. Kawasaki has always built bullet proof bikes. You were just too busy riding Hondas to find that out. ;D

I hate to ask a stupid question, but I don't remember seeing it before. What are the overlapping circles on the bottom right side of your display?
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 04:58:35 AM »
Congrats, Steve. Kawasaki has always built bullet proof bikes. You were just too busy riding Hondas to find that out. ;D

I hate to ask a stupid question, but I don't remember seeing it before. What are the overlapping circles on the bottom right side of your display?

That's the traction control mode display.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 05:11:07 AM »
That's the traction control mode display.
Thanks. My bike doesn't have that. ;)
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2015, 05:26:21 AM »
Thanks. My bike doesn't have that. ;)

Only the inferior Gen 2 bike have this.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2015, 05:47:29 AM »

It is the brake mode indicator. That shows "light mode". If it were in parentheses it would be in "high combined mode" for extra  weight and passenger.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2015, 05:51:35 AM »
Congratulations on 100,000 miles. That is a huge milestone.
My 2010 is at 57,000 miles. No I still haven't sold it. I ride it a couple times a week. I put about 3,000 miles on it this year.
Have you done any valve checks or big services on your bike yet? Besides brakes and oils.
Joel from Maine.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 11:48:35 AM »
Congratulations on 100,000 miles. That is a huge milestone.
My 2010 is at 57,000 miles. No I still haven't sold it. I ride it a couple times a week. I put about 3,000 miles on it this year.
Have you done any valve checks or big services on your bike yet? Besides brakes and oils.

Yes sir - Its had 3 valve lash checks in its life  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2015, 11:49:55 AM »
The kind folks at COG sent me.....

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 07:05:38 AM »
Congrats Steve! I'm half way there on my blue 2010 at 56k. My brother is a big Honda fan also and brags about how bullet proof his Valkyrie is. I had a Valk which is still in the family and I replaced the petcock at 40k, the clutch at 50k, the drive shaft at 70k and have rebuilt the starter switch every 10k until installing a head light relay (dumb design putting all the current to the head light through the starter switch). He has done all of the above on his Valk as well. Seems like a C14 is every bit or more reliable as a Honda.

Ok, I give up, what is the round thing that says "Daytona Blue" on it?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »
Congrats Steve! I'm half way there on my blue 2010 at 56k. My brother is a big Honda fan also and brags about how bullet proof his Valkyrie is. I had a Valk which is still in the family and I replaced the petcock at 40k, the clutch at 50k, the drive shaft at 70k and have rebuilt the starter switch every 10k until installing a head light relay (dumb design putting all the current to the head light through the starter switch). He has done all of the above on his Valk as well. Seems like a C14 is every bit or more reliable as a Honda.

Ok, I give up, what is the round thing that says "Daytona Blue" on it?

The  decal covers the end of the tube that i use to transport extra fuel, or water, or tools, once i even went out on the bike for a month and it carried Tide with Downey softener so i wouldn't have to buy detergent on the road

We made those decals for a friend's memorial ride.  A person pulled out in front of him.  His name was Theo, he had a Daytona Triumph sport bike that was blue.  We still miss him.