Author Topic: Bought a new tow vehical to pull Connie around.  (Read 7955 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Bought a new tow vehical to pull Connie around.
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2015, 01:05:20 PM »
It could have been worse, Conrad. He could have gotten verbally abusive with your wife. We would've had to start one of those "Go Fund Me" pages to bail you out....

Oh man was my wife pissed! The 'Go Fund Me' page might have had to be for her if she had gotten her hands on that salesman! She was swearing like a sailor and crying at the same time. I only stayed on the phone with the guy for as long as I did because of her but when she told me to tell him to fuk off that was it.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2015, 01:13:09 PM »
Hey, nice Conrad, congrats! Looks like a great way to extend 'motorcycle' trips; that is a nice combo. to tour with I think.

Best of luck with it and let me know if / when you people travel east....

Brian

Thanks Brian! We do plan on heading out east and there's a few of youse guys that I'd like to meet.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2015, 01:52:41 PM »
Congratulations Conrad! I think you'll both enjoy that a lot.  :thumbs:
Safe and enjoyable travels.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 02:52:11 PM »
Very nice. Congratulations. Hope you get tons of miles covered with it.
Joel from Maine.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 09:17:15 PM »
Nice. If you get p'od you can just get in your house and leave. If you come to East Tennessee look me up. :)
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Conrad

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 04:50:04 AM »
Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to taking some trips with the RV and taking my bike along.

RH,

Tennessee is high on the list as my son lives in Clarksville. I'll let ya know, can I set up camp in your yard?    ;)

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 06:28:20 AM »
RH,

Tennessee is high on the list as my son lives in Clarksville. I'll let ya know, can I set up camp in your yard?    ;)

Clarksville?  101st?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 06:42:21 AM »
Just had to go out to the website and see what the inside looked like. Appears to be a really nice setup. I might want a little larger if I were going to be doing any long-term travel, but I could make it work. I'm sure you'll really enjoy it. Good luck.

They sure seem to be discounting those things off of the MSRP.  :o

From what I've seen from the toy haulers, they just don't seem to be very nice on much of the inside. Kinda Spartan for my taste. I think I'd stick with putting the bike on a trailer.

+1

I can't get past opening one up, the pretty bikes being loaded, and then on walk inside to the chemical smell of oils gasoline and such. I'd rather tow the bikes too.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 09:30:27 AM »
Clarksville?  101st?

He was in the 101st, two tours in Iraq. He did alright there but it almost killed us here at home for worrying about him! After he got out of the Army he stayed in that area and is now making big bucks working for a defense contractor. For the most part he can't even tell me what he does.   :-X

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 10:45:32 AM »
Didn't the Monkeys do a song about Clarksville?

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2015, 11:04:24 AM »
He was in the 101st, two tours in Iraq. He did alright there but it almost killed us here at home for worrying about him! After he got out of the Army he stayed in that area and is now making big bucks working for a defense contractor. For the most part he can't even tell me what he does.   :-X

I was stationed there for 4 years.
The next time you talk to him please tell him I said "Thank you for your service."

Didn't the Monkeys do a song about Clarksville?

Indeed.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2015, 11:59:26 AM »
I was stationed there for 4 years.
The next time you talk to him please tell him I said "Thank you for your service."

I'll do that.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2015, 11:01:58 PM »
Thanks guys! I'm really looking forward to taking some trips with the RV and taking my bike along.

RH,

I am about 5-6 hours from Clarksville(very Northeast Tenn). Don't worry. We can find a place to put ya.
Rick
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2015, 11:06:20 PM »
I am about 5-6 hours from Clarksville(very Northeast Tenn). Don't worry. We can find a place to put ya.
Rick

Does that mean you're near Pigeon Forge? Went there for a rally in about '82.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2015, 05:34:45 PM »
About 1 1/2 - 2 hrs northeast of Pigeon Forge. In the corner of Tennessee, North Carolina and Virginia. About an hour from Johnson City - last National rally. 8)
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2015, 06:45:50 PM »
It was some good riding between Clarksvegas and Pigeon Forge. Beautiful country there.

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2015, 08:19:30 PM »
It is that. Live kinda remote about 30 minutes from the "Snake". A trip to the Southwest is on my wish list. 8)
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie