Author Topic: Vaquero  (Read 2124 times)

Offline royal

Vaquero
« on: March 21, 2012, 03:22:35 PM »

Okay, it's not a Concours but it still is a Kawasaki.  Any one ridden one ?  Pluses or minuses ?  Saw on at the dealer and it has my interest.

Royal
The Road Goes On Forever....

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Re: Vaquero
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:02:43 PM »
I have not ridden one, but heard some folks say it got the vibes like Harley Davidsons. The kind that is prominent at idle and smooths out (somewhat) as you rev up. So you may or may not like that characteristic.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:53:11 PM »
They sure look nice and seem well built, allot of bike for the money.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline lt1

• 2008 C14
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 12:01:55 AM »
They seem to get decent reviews.  Might even have a forum?  In general, I try to read between the lines of what the reviews and forums say about the bike, then go with my own gut and wallet.  It s/b a nice bike for you if you like that kind of bike.  I was interested in it when it came out, but realized that I just don't want to own a cruiser or a cruiser-based bike.  They (cruisers, etc) are fun to take on a test ride, but I have not desire to have one in the family.
Eyes, Brain, Hands.  Repeat.

Offline Vic Salisbury

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 07:34:41 AM »
Demo rode at Bikeweek the past two years. I like it.
Yeah, big V-twin shake at idle, comes with the territory. You can feel it in the floorboards, not painful or anything, the floorboards are rubber isolated. Once rolling,,,,,niiiiiice. Vibes melt away. Good torque, rides real nice, cruise standard, (and cruise is on the Nomad,,,,,but not on the Connie! What's up with that??) tunes, handles very well for such a big machine.

I could own one as a second bike very easily. Can’t afford to right now, but,,,,,,,,,hmmmm
Vic Salisbury
COG #3673
'97 Concours "Grinch"
Sarasota, FL

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2012, 07:39:15 AM »
They seem to get decent reviews.  Might even have a forum?  In general, I try to read between the lines of what the reviews and forums say about the bike, then go with my own gut and wallet.  It s/b a nice bike for you if you like that kind of bike.  I was interested in it when it came out, but realized that I just don't want to own a cruiser or a cruiser-based bike.  They (cruisers, etc) are fun to take on a test ride, but I have not desire to have one in the family.
:rotflmao: