Author Topic: Nice weekend .....  (Read 1942 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Nice weekend .....
« on: November 07, 2011, 06:25:24 AM »
Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

I did a few hundred miles on the connie and played with some new camera toys.
Reflection of umbrella strobe in the sunglass lens, (shooting directly into sun with strobe camera right)

Sun going down

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Boomer343

Re: Nice weekend .....
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:47:59 PM »
Well Steve we just have to continue our dialogue.....so here is a great example of lighting that flatters the subject and light that is a little to harsh.....and the subjects reaction to the lighting as well.

You have light and shadow on the subject and almost have the triangle of light under the eye ...Rembrant again....that creates a pleasing photo. Not to be unkind but bright light works for 18 year olds...after that unless you are trying to emphasis the experience shown on a persons face you need to bring out the best by softening the setting and lighting. One photo adds years the other takes them off.

Lots of good textures and details...the ribbing on the red top, the draping of the neck chains....love the barely visible eyes behingd the sunglass lenses that are checking you out.

Cool...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:48:29 PM »
Thanks!  Debated smoothing the skin in photochop but didn't want to go there. Next time I'll use a softer modifier and some fill. 

By the way, the little flash strobes have been OK but the UPS lady brought me a gift:

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 12:52:30 AM »
Hot d*mn, Teressa is gonna be famous. :thumbs:
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 06:44:42 AM »
Hot d*mn, Teressa is gonna be famous. :thumbs:

I hope she'll remain so nice if she ever  would become famous!