Author Topic: FirstGear and Revzilla  (Read 1631 times)

Offline DannyL

• PJF4x4
FirstGear and Revzilla
« on: September 30, 2012, 07:46:06 AM »
Last fall I purchased a pair of FisrtGear HT overpants for Revzilla and was very happy with both service and product. I'll speak of Revzilla first. I have bought some equipment and parts thru Revzilla in the past a year and the service and delivery times have been excellent. I REALLY love the time and energy Tony puts into his videos. If i can't touch, feel or smell the merchandise, I think his videos are the closest I can come to it. I recently bought my wife a helmet and it ended up being to big (I call her pinhead now since it was a XXS, now I don't know what to do...), despite it being returned returning after the 30 day return policy I was promptly reimbursed when they received it. So in short I really like Revzilla as vendor and love the simplicity of each transaction. Two big thumbs from me!

Next, FirstGear. The HT over pants are a great product. The only thing that bothered me was the waist snap seemed a little weak. I wasn't gonna fuss over such a small detail because the rest was perfect. I used the pants everyday and in the spring dragged them back out for the friggin Canadian spring rides. One morning while putting them on I heard a tearing noise. CRAP I thought.... It was the storm cuff that was torn about 4-5 inches. After looking closely at the stitching holding the end to the pants, it looked as thought material was not under the seam enough. So I wrote a message to them about my problem along with two photos of the cuff "problem" and a scan of the invoice from Revzilla. In the return e-mail was included a call tag for them to returned for replacement. WOW I thought, but I didn't have the liner at work and my bro was headed to the states in the morning to pick up merchandise. (call tag was from my US warehouse to FG). So I called them and explained the situation and they said send them anyway. I'm happy to say I have a brand new pair of HT's all within 7-8 days of the first e-mail.

As a side note, since the purchase of the HT's I have now become a vendor for Tucker Rocky which FG belongs too. I didn't mention to FG this detail because the original purchase was from Revzilla in the first place. The good part is I now sell FG gear and I know they stand behind their products! So FG also gets Two big thumbs from me!

My little Sunday morning report...

Thx
Danny

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: FirstGear and Revzilla
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 05:18:57 PM »
Good to hear about Revzilla. Love the HT's. Have the same problem with the weak waist snap. May fix it someday.

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 12:42:28 PM »
Good to hear about Revzilla. Love the HT's. Have the same problem with the weak waist snap. May fix it someday.

You might find a local seamstress to add a clip to the waistband to relieve stress on the snap.  I had a lady put one on my Speed&Strength overpants that helped me out a lot.  Just saying...
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 03:47:14 PM »
You might find a local seamstress to add a clip to the waistband to relieve stress on the snap.  I had a lady put one on my Speed&Strength overpants that helped me out a lot.  Just saying...
Good tip.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2012, 07:07:05 AM »
Revzilla is awesome

Purchase some Rev'IT products from them and you won't have weak anything
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine