Author Topic: Friday Night beer report! Join me.  (Read 8933 times)

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: Friday Night beer report! Join me.
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2011, 07:34:08 PM »
Just had a marvelous evening grilling limed chicken on the deck with a Yuengling in hand.  Yuenling is another fine beer made in Pottsville, PA.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2011, 07:47:28 PM »
For some unknown reason Yuengling has been unavailable in Ohio since time began, no one knows why. This summer though, they've gotten the ok to distribute in Ohio. I love their Black and Tan and can't wait till it comes to Cleveland as its inexpensive and good tasting to me.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2011, 08:34:41 PM »
Back in the early 80's, you could not buy Coors east of the Mississippi River (I'm in GA). So when I went WEST of the Miss., on trips, I'd bring it back by the case. Yes, just like Smokey and the Bandit.  When they started selling it here, it suddenly didn't tast as good.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 06:51:52 AM »
I'm in Tulsa and we have a few good stores with great selections. But Oklahoma has weird laws and we plain can't get things that don't come from the only 3 distribution places allowed by the state? At least that is how I heard it... Where are you?

Speaking of weird liquor laws. We were in Utah on vacation and went into Moab to buy some beer. The grocery store was well stocked, 6 packs, 12 packs, and cases. I was about to make my selection when, what's this, 3.2 beer? Oh hell no! Off to the liquor store instead. I'm looking around and see lots of beer with no 3.2 in sight. Ok, where's the cooler so I can get something cold. What? They don't sell cold beer? I ask the cashier where the cold beer is. She laughs and says that this is Utah, we don't sell cold beer in the liquor stores. I ask why not? She says because then you'll drink it! Well, that was my plan...

Then to top off that strangeness, you can't buy 6 and 12 packs in the liquor stores. Well, you can but you actually buy the beer by the bottle/can and make your own 6/12 pack. I wanted Stella and I had to pay $1.89 per bottle and make my own 6 pack. WTF?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 08:24:30 AM »
When we moved here to to this town in NE GA, we were looking for two sandwichs and two beers at a store one day. They said, "we can't sell you just two cold ones, but you can buy a cold six pack." Same reason. So we bought two sandwiches and drank six instead of two. Go figure.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 09:33:44 AM »
When we moved here to to this town in NE GA, we were looking for two sandwichs and two beers at a store one day. They said, "we can't sell you just two cold ones, but you can buy a cold six pack." Same reason. So we bought two sandwiches and drank six instead of two. Go figure.
Pick the wrong county in GA, and others in the SE, you would have no beer option. :( >:(

Fix'n' to have my last Schell's Maifest I picked up in MN a month ago, then alternate 'tween Blue Moon Wheat and the One and Only, Newcastle Brown Ale.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline Timalan

• www.thismotorcyclelife.net
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2011, 10:34:48 AM »
Speaking of weird liquor laws. We were in Utah on vacation and went into Moab to buy some beer. The grocery store was well stocked, 6 packs, 12 packs, and cases. I was about to make my selection when, what's this, 3.2 beer? Oh hell no! Off to the liquor store instead. I'm looking around and see lots of beer with no 3.2 in sight. Ok, where's the cooler so I can get something cold. What? They don't sell cold beer? I ask the cashier where the cold beer is. She laughs and says that this is Utah, we don't sell cold beer in the liquor stores. I ask why not? She says because then you'll drink it! Well, that was my plan...

Then to top off that strangeness, you can't buy 6 and 12 packs in the liquor stores. Well, you can but you actually buy the beer by the bottle/can and make your own 6/12 pack. I wanted Stella and I had to pay $1.89 per bottle and make my own 6 pack. WTF?

Same thing here. Cold 3.2 in stores. Everything else warm in liquor store. I did talk the local store into lowering the temp of the entire store.... And the beer I like isn't ice cold normally so it's close. No liquor store here has a sign "coldest beer in town" also no beer on Sunday till after church... I usually needed it before but that is a different subject.