Author Topic: Latest Darwin Awards Nominee  (Read 10000 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: Latest Darwin Awards Nominee
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2017, 06:41:54 AM »
Yep.  So then knives are banned.  So then they switch to cars and just running over people.  So next you can ban those...

Axes, tire irons, baseball bats, brass knuckles, slingshots, box cutters, razor blades, rocks, ballpoint pens, hands....  so many wonderful things to be banned!  Eventually it will just be war with pudding.

If they start with the blood pudding I'm out.  :_shudder_Emoticon

BTDTGTTS  ;)

Ecky Thump. martial art involving black pudding :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturevideo/tvandradiovideo/9345559/The-Goodies-The-Battle-of-Ecky-Thump.html
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2017, 06:50:23 AM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2017, 07:38:18 AM »
BTDTGTTS  ;)

Yeesh, too many acronyms. 

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/BTDTBTTS#English

Oh, you could choke someone with a T-shirt, especially a wet one, so those should be banned too...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Eupher

• Arena
  • U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2017, 01:23:49 PM »
Yeesh, too many acronyms. 

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/BTDTBTTS#English

Oh, you could choke someone with a T-shirt, especially a wet one, so those should be banned too...

Well, now. Wet t-shirts. NYTF.

now you're talking, friend
2012 C14 Arabian Candy Red
2003 Honda 919
1981 Suzuki 650E
1965 Honda S90

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2017, 02:20:16 PM »
Well, now. Wet t-shirts. NYTF.

now you're talking, friend
8) 8)
--

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2017, 06:19:16 AM »
As long as the conversations remain civil, it can stay here (Open) until the Indians come home.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2017, 06:32:41 AM »
As long as the conversations remain civil, it can stay here (Open) until the Indians come home.
Is that Native Americans or people from the Sub Continent?
--

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2017, 06:40:04 AM »
Is that Native Americans or people from the Sub Continent?

Indians are from India!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2017, 06:48:18 AM »
I thought they were from Cleveland.  :o

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2017, 06:49:40 AM »
or did he mean motor sickles ?
--

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2017, 08:41:16 AM »
Knives are heavily regulated and <sorta'> banned in the UK. I only know this because straight razors (shaving razors) are generally 3 1/2" long and the limit on at least some knife regulations kicks in at 3" long. In buying or selling straights going to or coming from the UK, it is always a risk that the someone official on the UK side will discover what it is and it is never seen again.

From an American point of view, this sucks because we are generally trying to buy old razors, and quite a few of them are prized and somewhat valuable.

The odd thing about it is that a straight razor has not ever been used in any crime that I know of and would make a truly terrible weapon; a straight unlikely to do great damage 'cause it will just pivot back, is as likely to damage the holder as the intended victim, and cannot be used for any type of plunge cut no matter what. Then again, I guess if they were accepted, they would instantly be the weapon of choice and one- thousand ways would be found to alter them and make then useful as a weapon.

Brian

Yep.  So then knives are banned.  So then they switch to cars and just running over people.  So next you can ban those...

Axes, tire irons, baseball bats, brass knuckles, slingshots, box cutters, razor blades, rocks, ballpoint pens, hands....  so many wonderful things to be banned!  Eventually it will just be war with pudding.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2017, 08:45:44 AM »
How could it not be civil? We have Mike participating here and he is a Brit., drinking his tea with a saucer, the saucer sitting on a doily.... all the while his little finger poking out. Probably just came back from the store after buying some Grey Poupon mustard.

;D

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
tea should be drunk from an oily mug, milk in first (so it forms an emulsion rather than a mixture) and with enough sugar so that your spoon stands upright :)

Ask Guy Martin ;)
--

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:56 AM »
or did he mean motor sickles ?

;D

I thought they were from Cleveland.  :o

Spirit Lake, IA and Osceola, WI  ;)

tea should be drunk from an oily mug, milk in first (so it forms an emulsion rather than a mixture) and with enough sugar so that your spoon stands upright :)

Ask Guy Martin ;)

:thumbs:

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2017, 09:32:22 AM »
Well maybe, but c'mon and 'fess up: you are pouring it out of Grandma's ornate teapot that is wearing a cozy, right?

Bthcha' you did not think a colonist even know what a cozy was..... we do not have any but a couple of us know what they are. :-)

Brian

Ask Guy Martin ;)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2017, 10:22:53 AM »
is that the same thing as a cosy ?

Cozy is a first name as in " Cozy Powell"   (ok technically a nick name but hey ho)

And no, its
teabag, sugar & milk in bottom of mug
add boiling water
mash it around
remove teabag
--

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2017, 10:36:34 AM »

Arrrrg!  You British and your lack of "z"'s!  :)

Offline scubadoguk

« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2017, 02:13:08 PM »
Arrrrg!  You British and your lack of "z"'s!  :)

don't blame us because you took the u out of colour etc
poo poo occurs..British by birth American by choice

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2017, 02:38:57 PM »
Quite!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2017, 03:09:40 PM »
That is exactly how I take my tea! Well, almost....

1) pour coffee into mug
2) put sugar and either 'Half 'n Half' (product that is 1/2 milk, 1/2 heavy cream) in coffee.
3) stir with spoon.

See? Identical.... except for the boiling water, milk, and tea bag.

Brian

Cozy is a first name as in " Cozy Powell"   (ok technically a nick name but hey ho)

And no, its
teabag, sugar & milk in bottom of mug
add boiling water
mash it around
remove teabag