Author Topic: C14 Trade-in Values  (Read 7934 times)

Offline chi-gpz1100

Re: C14 Trade-in Values
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 11:51:08 PM »
Since it's been so long, I have no problem disclosing the numbers.

I bought my 2008 c14/abs in early sept of 2007.

Around 3/2010, I found something else and wanted to be rid of the c14.  The bike had roughly 35K miles on it, needed new tires, and possibly front brakes (don't remember any more).  Anyways, I traded that in on a 2009 fz1 (same one that's also for sale now).  They gave me $6500 for the c14 as trade in allowance.  So, ~2.5years, and 35K miles, the bike lost roughly 50%.  I recall the price I paid for it was something like $12,3xx +$1000 value on my traed in (the 95 gpz with an ungodly # of miles).  These #'s were all OTD prices.  Did they give me a fair price for it.... Perhaps.  I might of gotten slightly better selling it private party, but that would of taken too long and been too much of a hassle.

On the flip side, the bike sat on the showroom floor for well over a year.  I think it finally went to auction, as I doubt anyone would buy a bike with that kind of mileage for what they were asking.  More so, a new one could be had for a few gran more.

I will say this, a fully loaded '11 kia optima sx that's 4-5 months old, with ~5K miles will lose about $3K in value during that time, or about 10% of it's value.  Don't ask how I know this.