Author Topic: C-15 possibly in the making.......?  (Read 19098 times)

Offline jjsC6

Re: C-15 possibly in the making.......?
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 08:35:04 PM »
I hate the linked brakes and would cancel them in a second, given a chance. Way too grabby when stuck in traffic. My 2008 never had any of the feelings the linked brakes bring.

I hate them on the Concours as well, but my point is that Kawasaki is the only mfr that managed to f**k them up.  I read a lot of posts by folks who don't like them in principle - makes no sense.
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 10:39:07 PM »
I hate them on the Concours as well, but my point is that Kawasaki is the only mfr that managed to f**k them up.  I read a lot of posts by folks who don't like them in principle - makes no sense.

I disagree JJ, I didn't like them on my 06 Honda VFR.

Maybe it's just preference...

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2011, 08:43:57 AM »
@ lather
I have no interest in debating ABS, we have already been there. And I won't even argue that it is ONE of the best SAFETY features but THE BEST EVER? Think about overhead cams, tubeless tires, single shocks, four valve heads, digital fuel injection, radial tires, KIPASS!
ABS is overrated in my opinion. There are many many ways to get hurt bad or killed on a motorcycle, ABS addresses only one and in a very limited  set of situations. My guess is that many of you have a dangerous false sense of security. Oops, I said I didn't want to debate ABS!

are overhead cams a safety feature? how about 4 valve heads, i never heard any one say " thank god for those 4 valve heads and the fuel injection they really saved my ass"     Try reading what you type before you hit reply.    ABS is the best safety feature ever put on a bike.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:41:50 AM by VirginiaJim »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2011, 10:42:32 AM »
Calm it down.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2011, 11:26:08 AM »
Im calm.  I got told my post was the silliest thing to hit the forums. so i read on and discover her last post of nonsense so i had to comment .   ::)

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2011, 11:29:25 AM »
Calmly:  Rtarp1, re-read your own post, "safety feature" were MY words. YOU said:"ABS is the best feature ever to hit the motorcycle ", no mention of safety in your post and this thread was originally not about safety at all. I can certainly understand why you are so fond of ABS.  :)

@ lather
I have no interest in debating ABS, we have already been there. And I won't even argue that it is ONE of the best SAFETY features but THE BEST EVER? Think about overhead cams, tubeless tires, single shocks, four valve heads, digital fuel injection, radial tires, KIPASS!
ABS is overrated in my opinion. There are many many ways to get hurt bad or killed on a motorcycle, ABS addresses only one and in a very limited  set of situations. My guess is that many of you have a dangerous false sense of security. Oops, I said I didn't want to debate ABS!

are overhead cams a safety feature? how about 4 valve heads, i never heard any one say " thank god for those 4 valve heads and the fuel injection they really saved my ass"     Try reading what you type before you hit reply.    ABS is the best safety feature ever put on a bike.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »
Im calm.  I got told my post was the silliest thing to hit the forums. so i read on and discover her last post of nonsense so i had to comment .   ::)
I said silliest in a while. I changed it after re-reading what I typed before hiting reply. I have been here nearly 5 years and there has been tons of silliness.

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2011, 12:16:18 PM »
did i have to say safety?  I'll try to be more clear in the future. Silliest in awhile is sooo much better, thanks.
   Anyway i love ABS and wont be buying a bike without it ever again, shouldnt be a problem since most high end bikes come with it standard anyway.     
       Your sentence     " And I won't even argue that it is ONE of the best SAFETY features but THE BEST EVER? Think about overhead cams, tubeless tires, single shocks, four valve heads, digital fuel injection, radial tires, KIPASS!
     you said it wasnt the best safety feature ever and you then used the examples of better ones which arent safety fetures.  Now try and give me an example of a better "safety" feature than ABS, i cant think of any except  a headlight :)

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »
I have to admit my wording was not real clear either. To clarify, the point I intended to and still dispute is that "ABS is the best feature to hit motorcycling".

Offline rtarp1

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2011, 03:22:43 PM »
 agreed.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »

Her?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2011, 03:56:26 PM »
I said silliest in a while. I changed it after re-reading what I typed before hiting reply. I have been here nearly 5 years and there has been tons of silliness.

True enough.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2011, 03:59:08 PM »
Add factory cruise control and I'll kiss my dealer on the lips.

Name of the dealer, please, just in case.

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
Name of the dealer, please, just in case.

Well, now that your bring that up, the dealer nearest me has a somewhat attractive lady who I spoke with once.  And while its not the dealer I bought my bike from, it's probably the one I'd go with for the kiss  :-*
Jim
Current bikes....

Offline curly

« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2011, 06:26:06 AM »
I remember when 500cc was a monster engine. If you had that you were a king. Now it seems we have just gone plain crazy with the bigger is better thing.

I have found over the years that the 50- 90 hp range is more than enough to keep even the most spirited riders happy. 130hp is just overkill to me.

But, I'm getting old, my next bike will be a Suzuki Bergman ::)
Confidence is the feeling you have before you realize the full measure of the situation.

'09 in Black.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2011, 06:31:56 AM »
I remember when 500cc was a monster engine. If you had that you were a king. Now it seems we have just gone plain crazy with the bigger is better thing.

I have found over the years that the 50- 90 hp range is more than enough to keep even the most spirited riders happy. 130hp is just overkill to me.

But, I'm getting old, my next bike will be a Suzuki Bergman

2009 C-14 in the faster color black ::)

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2011, 07:11:55 AM »
Her?
I think he was referring to Gabrielle, my granddaughter, who types my posts for me.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2011, 07:13:30 AM »
I think he was referring to Gabrielle, my granddaughter, who types my posts for me.

:rotflmao:
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline lather

• Arena
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2011, 07:17:04 AM »

But, I'm getting old, my next bike will be a Suzuki Bergman ::)
It depends on how you use your machine. If you are a weekend warrior hp is king. On 3000+ mile road trips I find myself envying my Honda & BMW buds 50+ mpg. Not to mention their larger tanks!

Offline jjsC6

Jim
Current bikes....