Author Topic: Looks like I am going to be selling in a few months & wanted your 2¢s  (Read 1659 times)

wcgreen

I am on my second 2012 C14 and I love it.  However, I am starting to get a very serious case of tennis elbow that I cannot get rid of.  That and the fact that I commute on campus and have had 4 recent drops due to students pulling in front of me in the garage or stepping in front of me (Thank God for those canyon cages! Not a ding on the bike!)  Plus, we've finally arranged it for my wife to join me here so I don't need to grocery shop and travel on my bike.... I just need something with a lower center of gravity and a good local commuter.  It's crazy.. the kids here are told they have the right away and they push those boundaries to the extreme... the literally do not look up EVER from their phones... packs of them... face in the phone.. coming to a crosswalk and they do not even look up... like they have a force field around them that will protect them... they do the same in the parking garage where I live... countless times they pull in front of me around a corner leaving me no room to ride and I lock it up and over I go... 6 times total in the past year and 4 times recently.  I can't deal with it any longer.

That said, I will likely be selling my C14 later this summer.  I see the prices all over the darn place and really falling.  Need to get a reasonable idea what I can expect to get when I do so I can get an idea of what I can get as a replacement.  I would prefer to sell it in a forum, and quickly, honestly.  So, here's what I will have:

2012 C14 Arabian Red  S-U-P-E-R CLEAN
Angel ST with LOTS of tread
A SECOND set of NEW Angel ST to go with it
approx 16K
Brand New Front Brake Pads
Sargent Seat
1" Murph Risers
Matching Large Kawasaki Givi Topcase
Warranty till 2019
Two Bros Carbon exhaust
MRA Smoked Shield
Large Vstream Shield
Canyon Cages
Kaoko Cruise Control
Fog lights (disconnected)
Red LED Running lights, well done in the fins and under the body

I have in my head a good range, but I am seeing lots of fluctuation lately.  Wanted some of your thoughts as I dont wanna part out any of it and sell the whole lot to someone.

Offline Conrad

I retired from a large university after 30 years so I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. It's amazing to see these kids after they get out of class. 99.99% of them have their faces buried in their phones and are oblivious to what's going on around them! Every year, without fail, two or three of them would walk out into traffic and get hit by a car. It's like they never learned that lesson. That and how to dress themselves for bad weather. Shorts when it's 20f degrees out? Yeah, and don't bother zipping up that jacket either.

I don't miss any of that. What I do miss is how much more attractive the campus got when coeds dress for the warmer weather...   :P

Good luck with your sale! 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
"I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes"

Offline Conrad

"I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I have to turn my head until my darkness goes"

Well, Mick may have turned away but I have to say that I'm a bad man and I never turned my head.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn