Author Topic: What is the limit on tire repairs  (Read 9334 times)

Offline PH14

Re: What is the limit on tire repairs
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2015, 10:01:18 AM »
What chews up the rear tire is a heavy right hand and 1356 cc. pushing 900 lbs. Once moving, there is very little stress unless you are in the mountain twisties. I was in Texas and Florida for a couple of years  flat slabbin' all day, very boring and the PR2's go a long way if you maintain 42 psi.

Hard downshifting eats them as well. If I downshift and use heavy engine braking, I can see the little rubber balls flaking off the tire. But I generally simply use the brakes, heavy on the front. I don't see the same tire wear and when I use heavy engine braking. 

You can still go fast without wearing tires so much. Throttle control is key, you don't have to slam the throttle open to go fast.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2015, 02:04:02 PM »
Hard downshifting eats them as well. If I downshift and use heavy engine braking, I can see the little rubber balls flaking off the tire. But I generally simply use the brakes, heavy on the front. I don't see the same tire wear and when I use heavy engine braking. 

You can still go fast without wearing tires so much. Throttle control is key, you don't have to slam the throttle open to go fast.

Is the dummy driving so you can hang off the back to see the flaky balls?

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2015, 02:09:40 PM »
I do not think it is necessary that you insult Phil and call him a dummy. Oh, did you mean the little wooden guy?

:rotflmao:

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2015, 09:31:53 PM »

They'll be no talk of flaky balls on my watch!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2015, 05:26:56 AM »

What kind would you like to talk about?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2015, 08:56:56 AM »

What kind would you like to talk about?

I think he enjoys Schweddy Balls talk, but then who doesn't?

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2015, 09:11:37 AM »
Best thing about this site is that no mods go apesnit if a thread wanders every so slightly from the original topic.  ;D

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 09:56:53 AM »
 :)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 10:05:31 AM »
FIFY  ;)

Brian

Best thing about this site is that no mods go apesnit if a thread wanders every so slightly from the original topic;D

Matt
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 11:44:36 AM »
FIFY  ;)

Best thing about this site is that no mods go apesnit if a thread wanders every so slightly from the original topic. ;D

Well I think max' might occasionally go a little apesnit  , but then he internalizes it  :-X  so we get perhaps just a hint  :P that there is turmoil going on but it never comes out in it's true form .
V'jim on the other hand just sits quietly in his rocker, slowly sharpening the sword waiting for that line to be crossed so he can strike. Then all is quiet once again and he continues to rock and sharpen in a zen like manner. 

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2015, 12:35:07 PM »
There's something very therapeutic sharpening a sword.  Kinda like working on the bike.  You're right, very Zen.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2015, 04:11:44 PM »
Well I think max' might occasionally go a little apesnit  , but then he internalizes it  :-X  so we get perhaps just a hint  :P that there is turmoil going on but it never comes out in it's true form .

Nah, I am always super happy  ;D  ;D  ;D  (at least on the outside- there ain't nothing going on, on the inside).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc