Author Topic: Does your C-14 run any stronger now, than it did when it was brand new?  (Read 4710 times)

Offline ninjawarrior1400

• "There is no second place winner in a gunfight."
Was wondering if members here  could tell any difference in HP increases or accelleration of the bike after everything is seated in the motor and broken in a bit....especially after about 2500 miles or so....?
Mostly from a stock configuration...not adding a pipe or PC, or air cleaner.

Ninja
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 10:23:19 AM by ninjawarrior1400 »
Ninjawarrior

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
I can't tell the difference and my engine controls are stock as is the bazooka.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline CrashGordon

I haven't noticed any changes and I'm still bone-stock on engine, electronics and can. It was a fast mofo when I bought it and it still is two years later. ;D

Offline mkorn

Mine is bone stock and just got to 2500 miles on her ... she feels a lot stronger than she did new a couple months ago.

left over 2009.
2009 C14 ABS
2002 750 Nighthawk (sold)
2006 DRz 400s

Offline Cold Streak

Mine felt a little quicker after I did a valve adjust, replaced the air filter and synched the throttle bodies.  The air filter was very dirty.

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
I forgot to check.  Guess I was too busy just hanging on.  ;D
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline joelc1400

Once is broken in, it will pull stronger and better fuel milege this is normal for any new motor to do....

Offline ZG

• Arena
Yes, I think it was from having the wheels powdercoated black, the silver seemed to slow it down...

Son of Pappy

Stock?  Why leave it stock?  Only guys in armor leave things stock ;)  I couldnt leave my KLR alone and I dont want it fast, just more torque for my slow rides.  My 14?  I'm almost there.  I couldnt tell you if it pulled more stock as the flies were gone within a 1000 miles of new.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Stock?  Why leave it stock?  Only guys in armor leave things stock ;)  I couldnt leave my KLR alone and I dont want it fast, just more torque for my slow rides.  My 14?  I'm almost there.  I couldnt tell you if it pulled more stock as the flies were gone within a 1000 miles of new.

:rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rawman

I think it is all relative.

The first 600 hundred miles are getting used to the bike, breaking it in, learning the quirks, what farkles are absolutely necessary.
The next 600, you start learning where the boundaries are; how far can I lean it over before she scrapes, how hard can I launch without climbing the front tire, wow - redline comes up quick - shift to next gear.  Man, the front tire is wearing strange, I should REALLY get PR2s (or PR3s). What farkles do I really need now that I know the bike.
Then the realization comes - I need to get this motor uncorked to make this bike a 1400.  Pull the flies, get a full exhaust.  Wow, I have 1352ccs of power!

3000 miles now on the bike and she runs MUCH better than the first 2000.
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline booger

Your gust used to the bike and drive it more agressive.

Offline ZG

• Arena
I think it is all relative.

The first 600 hundred miles are getting used to the bike, breaking it in, learning the quirks, what farkles are absolutely necessary.
The next 600, you start learning where the boundaries are; how far can I lean it over before she scrapes, how hard can I launch without climbing the front tire, wow - redline comes up quick - shift to next gear.  Man, the front tire is wearing strange, I should REALLY get PR2s (or PR3s). What farkles do I really need now that I know the bike.
Then the realization comes - I need to get this motor uncorked to make this bike a 1400.  Pull the flies, get a full exhaust.  Wow, I have 1352ccs of power!

3000 miles now on the bike and she runs MUCH better than the first 2000.

:goodpost:

;D ;D ;D

Offline Makz58

Not sure I would say stronger but my bike like other bikes I have owned is much smoother as the miles collect..
When arguing with an idiot make sure he isn't.
C-14 2010

Offline marku8a

I had the same question. Rawman nailed it with his take.

I just got past the 1000 break-in mark and started some full throttle red line riding. Certainly impressive acceleration but not what I was expecting from a 1400. As Rawman noted, I will put another 1000 on the bike then make decisions about performance mods.
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline sherob

• Arena
It's got 25k now... stronger, don't know, or just don't notice... smoother, a big yes. 
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline dw4402

I know the question was asked to compare stock to stock but one thing I can tell you is that once you start to uncork this bike, she really gets fast. I have a K&N filter, secondary flies removed, PCIII with a Dynojet custom map and stock ZX14 full exhaust with the center cats removed and my bike pulls much stronger upstairs than it did stock. I did loose a smidge down low but who rides from 1k to 3k anyway  :o
David K. Williams
08 C14