Author Topic: Throttle Body Sync to fix vibes? Anybody done it or had it done?  (Read 6786 times)

Offline almightys

Re: Throttle Body Sync to fix vibes? Anybody done it or had it done?
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 05:06:34 AM »
Just for giggles but did you check torque on steering stem?

Offline gggGary

• Wisconsin heart of the great white north
Re: Throttle Body Sync to fix vibes? Anybody done it or had it done?
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2014, 05:29:56 AM »
Grips;  eBay item number:380989942607

length is good, they came with closed ends, I opened the ends with with an exacto knife. I just used some windex to install them, after two days they seem to have an ideal grip on the bars they can be adjusted with effort but don't move in normal use.
I made a stab at having the vendor make them in all black with open ends but didn't have any luck.
The wings is what makes these good.  After bad wrist pain bicycling I found grips with wings for my hybrid bicycle and love them to death.  The company that makes the great bicycle grips does not make a motorcycle version.  I have a pair just like these in black and gray on an XS650 but the vendor I got those from discontinued them. I find the wing on the throttle side also gives better feedback of just how much throttle I am applying.  On this bike that helps with smooth power application.  I have put grab on's on many bikes but like these even better.  they are not perfect, all black softer compound and heated would be ideal.  I am talking with a guy that molds "ergo" silicone hand grips about making a motorcycle specific version.  He claims he is working on the mold for those.
I found the stock grips were awful too small and hard, like you say a death grip was needed on the throttle side. And the small diameter just makes my palms hurt.
08B 73.5K miles