Author Topic: Noob here  (Read 13292 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Noob here
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2014, 06:17:05 AM »
As is my situation.  The Canyon Cages are out of my hands on a shelf until either I or the weather warm up.

Take your time on those, Jim. You don't want to rush willy nilly in to that install and mess something up.  ::)     ;)

You got that right..  Remember, I'm part Entish.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline pothole

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2014, 04:58:21 PM »
Yep, it is the way the bike should be.

They look nice.  Hopefully one day mine will be mounted.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16198.0
So, after reading your thread, have you had a chance to ride with the PR4's yet? Sounds like the 190/55 GT'S will fill the bill. Outstanding weather here in Nor-Cal, gotta get those shitty BStones off.
This C-14 is now my 14th bike currently...too many is never enough.
Garmin GPS, Go Cruise, Helmet locks, Delkevic 13" Carbon Tri-Oval, Mag-Knight, Lamm seat, PrjctD Wings, Guhl ECU, Advanced Sport Touring 2" Pullback risers.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2014, 05:11:54 PM »
So, after reading your thread, have you had a chance to ride with the PR4's yet? Sounds like the 190/55 GT'S will fill the bill. Outstanding weather here in Nor-Cal, gotta get those shitty BStones off.

The weather here (in VA) has been just horrible.  We will suddenly get a great day, then BAM, back into the 30's and 40's with rain/mist/dark/ultra windy.  Last time I rode last week, I thought for sure I would make it back (40 min trip back) and got caught in a downpour with extreme crosswinds.  With zero tread on the front, I was scared out of my mind getting home.... most stressful bike ride EVER.  Thank god I made it home safely.

Stock size is 190/50 rear... which is what I have and ordered and got (along with front, of course).

My cats are playing with the new tires sitting on the floor- fascinated with the shrink wrap.  The installation is tied to the warranty issue on the stupid TPS, and that is not progressing at a reasonable rate.  I will call the service manager tomorrow and see who is waiting on what.

Meanwhile.... they are calling for fantastic weather on Saturday, and I will take a trip on the bike to RIC to visit mom on these horrible tires.  No cords yet on the front, at least....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline pothole

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2014, 05:27:03 PM »
Sorry about your weather.. :-[, we pay for nice weather here.. ;). I'm ordering the 55 rear. I'm a 34 inseam, so any slight rise won't be a problem. Can't wait. Probably ride the VTR for a few days until the PR4's are on. Put new Dunlops on it 2 months ago, haven't ridden it yet! C-14 is so...well, you all know.
Garmin GPS, Go Cruise, Helmet locks, Delkevic 13" Carbon Tri-Oval, Mag-Knight, Lamm seat, PrjctD Wings, Guhl ECU, Advanced Sport Touring 2" Pullback risers.

Offline pothole

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2014, 08:02:07 PM »
Spooned the PR4 GT's on (195 rear), scuffed 'em in. Rode about 40 miles, then thrashed.
Really nice and with inspiring confidence! Still setting suspension between rides, but now plants in corners. Between new rubber and Mr. Guhl, love it even more. Still like the VTR best for serious carving, but comfort wins on the big C. You all recommended Pilot Road's and were 100% correct. Thanks.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2014, 09:46:29 PM »
UG!  I am STILL waiting on the dealer to call me saying they have the parts.  Meanwhile, I get to look at the tires every day, sitting near the door, and still acting as huge/expensive cat toys..
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline pothole

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2014, 11:05:10 PM »
Well, at least you're not wearin' 'em out!      Sorry...couldn't resist.