Author Topic: 2nd hand - how many miles is 'too many'?  (Read 12159 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: 2nd hand - how many miles is 'too many'?
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2013, 10:28:16 AM »
The warranty is always to good point to brag about on the Concours.  And for Kawasaki to offer a full warranty for 3 years AND the ability to extend it for 6 more years on top of that for less than $700.... they have to be offering a quality bike or they would lose their shirt.... and it is not like the Concours 14 is a new model anymore.

I believe that no other bike, of ANY brand, model, or type, has a warranty that can touch that of the Concours.

+1
Key point.
The only thing that ever worried me was some reports about rust on the portion of the tank under the seat from accumulated water. I solved quite easily by not washing the bike more than once a year :)
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2013, 01:30:29 PM »
 :goodpost:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2013, 11:37:33 PM »
55000k on my 09 and never an issue besides tires and normal maintenance!! Feels like only now the suspension is loosening up nicely...still many many miles left in this beast! Replaced the filter sock this past weekend...man, that thing was black and all clogged up, other than that...perfect!!  :)

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2013, 05:22:25 AM »
+1
Key point.
The only thing that ever worried me was some reports about rust on the portion of the tank under the seat from accumulated water. I solved quite easily by not washing the bike more than once a year :)

I swap out 3 different seats on the Concours and have never seen sitting water.  It is my go to rain bike since it has the most advanced safety features and when the windshield is at the right height the water blows off my faceshield without me having to turn my head.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077