Author Topic: Recognize this???  (Read 7630 times)

Offline basmntdweller

• The Profile Brotherhood
Recognize this???
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:24:08 PM »
I ran across this while working on our RV. It looks like something that I may have taken off my Connie back in March when I did exhaust, cruise and PCV. I can even see ZG23 stamped on it. I don't recall it being on there but I could have easily missed it. If it actually belongs on the bike I am gonna feel really stupid!!!

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350
'11 Suzuki C50T wife's ride since she hates my Connie
'03 Honda CBR600RR track bike

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Recognize this???
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 07:01:38 PM »
Yes- that is your fob and the key from inside the fob. Perhaps the most important part of any C-14! Do not misplace that fob again as you will need it to start the bike.

I do not recognize the other thing which is clearly some type of stamped part.

Brian

I ran across this while working on our RV. It looks like something that I may have taken off my Connie back in March when I did exhaust, cruise and PCV. I can even see ZG23 stamped on it. I don't recall it being on there but I could have easily missed it. If it actually belongs on the bike I am gonna feel really stupid!!!

Matt
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline basmntdweller

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 07:09:03 PM »
After posting, I thought I should have mentioned the fob and key was there only for size reference and to get a rise out of the Kipass king.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 07:14:07 PM »
It looks like the bracket that goes underneath the seat by the tool kit and ecu.  I am probably wrong though.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline r2t2

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 07:14:29 PM »
After posting, I thought I should have mentioned the fob and key was there only for size reference and to get a rise out of the Kipass king.

Matt

Touché!!! Very well played. You had me too...  :hail:

As to the thingamajig... I t looks like some kind of bracket, but it beats the hell outta me as to what it could be.
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline basmntdweller

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 07:42:42 PM »
It looks like the bracket that goes underneath the seat by the tool kit and ecu.  I am probably wrong though.
Now that you mention it, I have always felt there was something missing there. I had to pull the license plate holder last time I did a track day and I kept thinking that all the stuff in that area should be more "organized". I am gonna go pull the seat and see if it looks like it might fit in some way.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350

Offline basmntdweller

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 08:00:46 PM »
After a quick look under the seat, the two center holes match up with the rear tank mounting bolts. It doesn't seem to fit from the top side but maybe from the bottom side of the mount.
I'll find a little time in the next couple days to pull the rear of the tank up and see if it fits in there somewhere. It can't be super important as I've put about 4000 miles on it since I worked on it last.

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 09:38:25 PM »
That is what I get for not using smileys in the first post.... Yeah, I kinda' knew the part you were posting about was the bracket. I figured the fob just jumped in the photo 'cause those things like notoriety.

;D (there is that smiley)

Brian

Matt
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 09:42:29 PM »
But.... but ..... how you would pull out that bracket and forget about it? Wasn't it lying around in the pile of parts? Didn't you realize there were more parts left when you reassembled the bike? I could understand having a fastener left over but an entire structural bracket? Are any of your relatives surgeons? If so, are they located anywhere near me?

;D ;D (two smileys just to be sure)

Oh well, this is certainly more interesting than those threads where someone (or many) are worried about being 2.4 drops over or under on the oil level in the crankcase. Reminds me of something from long ago- 'Bondo in your doors means courage in your heart.'

Brian

After a quick look under the seat, the two center holes match up with the rear tank mounting bolts. It doesn't seem to fit from the top side but maybe from the bottom side of the mount.
I'll find a little time in the next couple days to pull the rear of the tank up and see if it fits in there somewhere. It can't be super important as I've put about 4000 miles on it since I worked on it last.

Matt

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 10:20:28 PM »

Matt

I couldn't find anything in the part fiche that resembled that part.
 You don't perhaps have any recent experience with a KUBOTA lawn mower? (model ZG23?)

Offline basmntdweller

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 03:36:41 AM »
This particular piece was laying under a couple rags on top of my air compressor cover. It is possible I took it off the bike laid it here and then dropped a couple rags over it never to be seen again till just yesterday. I do know that I have moved stuff from that compressor cover several times though so I should have seen it before now! I have been trying to remember anything else I may have worked on that I could have left it off of but can't think of anything.
Where are you guys looking stuff up on micro-fiche? I should be able to recognize it if I saw it there. I also thought it looked like it might be some kind of bracket somewhere on the front end of the bike.
I am 100% sure it did not come off of a Kubota tractor! ;D

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350

Offline Zteve

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 04:49:33 AM »
Great thread :rotflmao:

Not sure what it is though.

Offline Steve D

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 05:19:52 AM »
This particular piece was laying under a couple rags on top of my air compressor cover. It is possible I took it off the bike laid it here and then dropped a couple rags over it never to be seen again till just yesterday. I do know that I have moved stuff from that compressor cover several times though so I should have seen it before now! I have been trying to remember anything else I may have worked on that I could have left it off of but can't think of anything.
Where are you guys looking stuff up on micro-fiche? I should be able to recognize it if I saw it there. I also thought it looked like it might be some kind of bracket somewhere on the front end of the bike.
I am 100% sure it did not come off of a Kubota tractor! ;D

Matt

Fiche...... start here

http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/3/Make/Kawasaki

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 06:05:00 AM »
You can also look up the parts on Kawasaki's website.  There really is a wealth of knowledge out on the website. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 07:28:07 AM »
Well maybe if it doesn't fit the bike, he could buy a Kabota lawn mower, model ZG23? I mean after all, he may already have spare parts for one, right?

Brian

I couldn't find anything in the part fiche that resembled that part.
 You don't perhaps have any recent experience with a KUBOTA lawn mower? (model ZG23?)

Offline basmntdweller

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 08:51:10 AM »
Checking eBay right now for Kubota ZG23. ;D
I knew I'd find the right solution here! ;D

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 09:04:24 AM »
I have to admit to having an extra bolt or nut or 2 after working on something but never an 8" bracket. (that knocking sound is me knocking on wood)

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 09:11:48 AM »
maybe it's the bracket that holds the battery in the KiPass fob in the picture? It's what provides us with all that KiPass Powa!  :rotflmao:
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline Cheesecake

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 10:41:24 PM »

Matt
My wife was carrying that part over to your house after dinner last weekend. She said you were waiting for it. Why don't you recognize your own part?
2008 C-14

Offline basmntdweller

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 06:28:52 AM »
My wife was carrying that part over to your house after dinner last weekend. She said you were waiting for it. Why don't you recognize your own part?
Damn tempting and so many possibilities here but I think I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one ;D

Matt
'09 C14
'98 DR-350