The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > Accessories and Modifications - C10

Tire sizes...options?

(1/6) > >>

Lodogg2221:
Hi guys.
Just got to thinking, at some point in the future, Ill need new tires.
I am wondering what sizes you guys run? 
I know the stock sizes are (on my 95) 120/80-18 and 150/80-16
As most of us know, there arent many radial options in those sizes, especially if you like to have matching tires f/r. 
Ive seen a number of guys running the larger wing size tires, 130/70-18 and 160/70/16 I think.

Are there issues in doing that?  I know there was lots of talk on the old forum about recommended rim widths, and that the Wing had the same size wheels, so it shouldnt technically be an issue, but if you ARE running those sizes, what tires do you use and why?

Or for that matter, what tires, other than Avons, in the stock sizes do you guys run? 

pat8228:
I have Avon venom's 130/70/18 and 160/70/16 on mine. rides great. tight fit putting wheels back on, but once in place there is more than enough clearance. I didn't put radials on mine because I was told they required a wider wheel.

Two Skies:
I'm running the Avon AM42 Venom 160/80-16 on the rear of mine.  The Pilot GT also came in this size.

timsatx:
Avon AV46 in 150/80ZR-16. Correct size for the bike.

Lodogg2221:
What about the wing sizes?  Found shinko has the SE890 Journey radial in the 'wing sizes, but Ive also heard that radials in the 'wing sizes wont fit, and they should be bias only.

I suppose I could go with bias tires, though Ive never had any experience on them, at least not that I specifically recall!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version