Author Topic: Indian Parts  (Read 9280 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Indian Parts
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 12:53:44 PM »
The Roadmaster is $28,000.  I can buy a new left over Voyager for $13,000.  Slightly used ones for $10,000. 
I love the look and feel of the new Road Glide, but the full touring one is over $30,000.
Cross Country tours can be had for around $18,000 for left overs,  The fit and finish isn't up to HD and Indian standards though. 

What Indian, HD, and Victory have over the Japanese touring bikes is the ability to quickly remove trunks to turn them into baggers.

It takes me an hour to convert my Voyager from full tourer to bagger.

I find that the Japanese bagger machines just don't handle nearly as well or as nimble, and I have seen Road Glides for what I want for just a tad over 21K. Buddy of mine has one with nav and everything, it is sweet as hell. Still partial to the Indian and Victory line, but the Japanese imitators are getting pretty damn good. I would likely keep my V-Strom as I love the ADV style machines, but have been jonesing to add an American bagger to my collection, that and hoping the Wifey would ride with me more because of it.  8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline XPLRN

Re: Indian Parts
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »
.................and hoping the Wifey would ride with me more because of it.  8)

I see that you have a DL1000 in the stable......what are your thoughts on it regarding power and handling?? Will Wifey ride with you on it and if not what is her reasoning??