Author Topic: Guhl's ECU Flash For The Kawasaki Concours 1400 / GTR 1400...Group Buy?  (Read 73172 times)

Offline SCHRECK

Re: Guhl's ECU Flash For The Kawasaki Concours 1400 / GTR 1400...Group Buy?
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2013, 11:52:31 PM »
Put me up on this list. I'm interested in a great price.
2008 C1400 - They see me rollin!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2013, 05:18:38 AM »
I would do it if there's a 25% discount.

I tend to doubt we'll get that much if any...but we'll see.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2013, 06:07:21 AM »
add me to the interested list.  Frankly the only reason I haven't done it is that I daily commute and almost never have down time.  But I have a couple trips to Peru and Ecuador potentially coming up and that's a great time to have the ECU out of the bike.
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

devilboy

« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2013, 08:24:53 AM »
Its a damn shame there is no equivalent product for Motorcycles like the Diablosport Trinity. You get full control of mapping
and anything the ecu uses. The device plugs into the OBD2 port under your dashboard. You save your factory map on the unit
and flash your ecu to the specs you want... it retails for $600 and best price I have seen is 15% off.
I have it on my 2012 Dodge Charger and  as long as I run 93 Octane with my mods( Cold Air intake and Corsa Extreme Cat back exhaust and BBS 85 MM Throttle body) I get major increases in power low down and I over-rode redline limiter and top speed limiter
Hemis were always peaky for TQ and HP and factory setting is 5250 redline now It is up to 6000 rpm.
I guess there are lots more cars out there than bikes so it is cost effective to unlock maps and sell the unit to car owners..
www.diablosportpower.com/

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2013, 09:15:30 AM »
Well there is ECU Editor but it only works on Suzukis. I'm waiting on EFI Live to expand the vehicles they support but I think I'll be a long time waiting.

I don't have a C14 anymore but if I could throw my zx14 ECU into the mix than you can count me in also.

Offline pistole

« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
- have the scouts come back ?

:) :)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »
I talked to Don today and there will be no group buy, unfortunately.  I think it would have happened if we could have sent 20+ ECUs in at one time (not bloody likely).  The logistics of sending them in piecemeal did us in, methinks.  However, with that being said, I did have a very nice conversation with him.  He seems a good guy and I think we should still support him if you want your ECU reflashed.  I intend to send him mine within the next few months. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2013, 04:57:17 PM »
Virginia Jim, thanks for your efforts- although I am a little disappointed with the witch doctor Guhl. I will be on the fence for a while longer..

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #68 on: February 25, 2013, 05:22:19 PM »
I talked to Don today and there will be no group buy, unfortunately.  I think it would have happened if we could have sent 20+ ECUs in at one time (not bloody likely).  The logistics of sending them in piecemeal did us in, methinks.  However, with that being said, I did have a very nice conversation with him.  He seems a good guy and I think we should still support him if you want your ECU reflashed.  I intend to send him mine within the next few months.

my bad :-[

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #69 on: February 25, 2013, 05:53:24 PM »
Virginia Jim, thanks for your efforts- although I am a little disappointed with the witch doctor Guhl. I will be on the fence for a while longer..

You have to remember that he's a small businessman.  The C14 is a very small market for him compared to what he does normally...(sportier crowd).  The numbers for us just aren't there, unfortunately.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #70 on: February 25, 2013, 05:55:18 PM »
my bad :-[

No you weren't.  As farkling goes with this bike, that amount of money is about mid-range or so.  It's not a bad price at all as is.

Offline stewart

« Reply #71 on: February 25, 2013, 05:56:40 PM »
I agree, respect the decision. I'm already a customer so don't have any skin in the game here. But I'm happy with the results/value for dollars I spent.

Rate quality, customer serivce and long term success over anything else.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #72 on: February 25, 2013, 08:11:28 PM »

Me too
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2013, 09:16:37 PM »

What did he quote you as the current pricing to get it done?
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #74 on: February 26, 2013, 04:13:34 AM »
$375 and that includes ground shipping back so you must pay for the shipping there as well.  On the plus side it can be a quick turn around.  They flash it as soon as they get it.  If you need it quickly then they can ship overnight (that would cost more obviously).

Offline Cuda

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2013, 04:38:49 AM »
Why don't you start another thread with those who will do it for a set price let's say $300. you need a set price,  IF 20 people sign up! or if over 30 sign up! or 40?????
I'm sure ZG,  he's a swinger.... and well known... ;D, would go to the OTHER forum  ::) and post the same deal, hey It's winter time and that should be the BEST time for everyone including Guhl ( between snow removal)
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2013, 04:44:46 AM »
Sounds like a exercise in futility. The man has set a price for his work. He's been asked about a group discount and declined.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2013, 04:56:58 AM »
Why don't you start another thread with those who will do it for a set price let's say $300. you need a set price,  IF 20 people sign up! or if over 30 sign up! or 40? ??? ?
I'm sure ZG,  he's a swinger.... and well known... ;D , would go to the OTHER forum  ::) and post the same deal, hey It's winter time and that should be the BEST time for everyone including Guhl ( between snow removal)

Signing up isn't the issue here.  It's getting everyone to send in their ECUs at the same time and you would have to guarantee to Don that all of the members who did sign up would indeed do that.  You're more than welcome to try, though.  As much as I want to do this and will, I couldn't even guarantee me to be able to do that depending on circumstances.

You would have to guarantee Don that the members would (making up something here) send in the units within a two week window (again making this up and I could work with that period) and if the numbers weren't met then the current price would go into effect. 

Based on my conversation with Don, I really don't think he'd go that low but you never know.  Since you are interested in this enough to make suggestions, I'm anointing you to work something out with Don (that will teach you).  717-618-4212  He might do something if we put the caveat that if the numbers aren't met within the specified time period then normal pricing applies.  Also, if someone wants it quicker than normal turnaround the extra money is on the member who needs it quickly.

Start a new thread and I'll sticky it for you.  My work is getting pretty intense for the next couple of weeks so you are that man...   The members who sign up will have to be the ones that will do it regardless of a discount so that we can guarantee the numbers.

Mention my name that we talked about this....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2013, 06:16:43 AM »
So Jim, did you ask Don about the different reflash options that are available to us?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2013, 06:22:51 AM »
Yes, I did.