Author Topic: New multi-adjustable handlebars from Precision Engineering  (Read 49308 times)

Offline Conrad

Well done J! Did you get the dirt out from under your nail?   :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Flathead

Ok, now I'm just playing around with the adjustments...  ;D

Anyone seen that movie "The Worlds Fastest Indian" with Anthony Hopkins?

Obviously you'd have to rotate the resevoirs and the levers but you get the idea, check out the right side bar...  8)

GO GO Gadget!

Offline ZG

• Arena
Well done J! Did you get the dirt out from under your nail?   :o

Thanks and yes C.  :)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Is that the price with the discount? Ouch.

Normal price is $650, I got them to give you guys a $150 discount for a 30 day window, so if you buy them before September 9th they're only $500.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
 ;D
I do have to chuckle about this a bit.... you just popped $3k+ for a full Ohlens setup, and now another $500 to toss a set of apehangers on there.....
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :chugbeer: :thumbs:

I just picture Dennis Hopper yelling to Peter Fonda....
"dude, them Ohlens are freaking awesome in chrome mannnnnn"

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline ZG

• Arena
;D
I do have to chuckle about this a bit.... you just popped $3k+ for a full Ohlens setup, and now another $500 to toss a set of apehangers on there...

???  Ape hangers??  :o

Far from it MOB, they just have multiple adjustment points, I road out through the twisties with em in the lowest position today and the swivel angle at about 4:00 and 7:00 and they work quite well!  :thumbs: :) 

Offline Glennn

• Metric Rider
Hey ZG,

So are you sitting upright now, no weight on your wrists, or?  Any chance of a shot with you in situ?

With the risers underneath and the extra extension of these bars how taught is your brake line?  I have helibars risers and murph's wedges and the brake line is as tight as I would want it to get.

They do look a bit agricultural I have to say, but the black does appear to blend them reasonably well on a black bike.

Buuuuut I type this sitting here with still a very faint numbess in the two outer fingers of my right hand.

I've thought about the helibars horizons, but I'm sorry they are just too awful looking.  There are only so many sacrifices I am prepared to make, judge me not.

Black GTRs for life!

Glenn.
2012 Midnight Sapphire Blue 1400GTR
1999 Yamaha Road Star
Canberra, Australia
CDA #390

Offline ZG

• Arena
I've thought about the helibars horizons, but I'm sorry they are just too awful looking.  There are only so many sacrifices I am prepared to make, judge me not.

Agreed!  :doublepuke:

With the risers underneath and the extra extension of these bars how taught is your brake line?  I have helibars risers and murph's wedges and the brake line is as tight as I would want it to get.

Hey G,
Stock lines with just these bars will work just fine, but with 2" risers and these bars all the way extended you'd most likely need longer lines, when I switched over to braided lines I ordered the front lines 2" longer, so mine reach just fine with both 2" risers and these multi-adjust bars all the way extended...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Glennn

• Metric Rider
Stock lines with just these bars will work just fine, but with 2" risers and these bars all the way extended you'd most likely need longer lines, when I switched over to braided lines I ordered the front lines 2" longer, so mine reach just fine with both 2" risers and these multi-adjust bars all the way extended...
Poo.

And the weight on your wrists, or not?
1999 Yamaha Road Star
Canberra, Australia
CDA #390

Offline ZG

• Arena
And the weight on your wrists, or not?

I haven't done any long distance rides yet G, but the initial feel is great!  :)

More to come by the end of the week...

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: New multi-adjustable handle bars from Precision Engineering
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2012, 07:13:19 PM »

One is "never" done Chet...  ;)

When you are finally done, you will sell it......I am sure of it. :P
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2012, 07:20:25 PM »

And then buy a black 2012 Concours and start all over again.  I told him several times this will happen...

I think it would be more fun to watch him convert a red Concours to 100% red.  Red handlebars, red wheels, red pegs, red windshield....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2012, 08:22:45 PM »

Probably P, probably...  ;)

And then buy a black 2012 Concours and start all over again.  I told him several times this will happen...

Linked brakes??  :o 

Never...  ;D

I think it would be more fun to watch him convert a red Concours to 100% red.  Red handlebars, red wheels, red pegs, red windshield....

:rotflmao: :thumbs:

Offline twowheeladdict

I want the bars closer and lower so this looks like the perfect solution. 

Do you notice any change in Vibration to the grips with these bars? 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
I want the bars closer and lower so this looks like the perfect solution. 

Do you notice any change in Vibration to the grips with these bars?

Nope, seem very solid to me so far.  :thumbs:

Offline OregonLAN

I don't really like the round tubular shape of them, but sometimes function trumps aesthetics.

Offline twowheeladdict

Nope, seem very solid to me so far.  :thumbs:

Thanks.  I think I am going to loosen the handlebars and figure out a way to rotate them back an inch or so while sitting on the bike in the garage and see how they might feel.  $500 to bring the bars back an inch or two sure is a lot of $ but being able to adjust them for each type of ride situation is pretty cool. 

Too many expensive items on my Mod list for this bike.

I do wonder if any other bikes Kawasaki makes use the same pattern to fasten their handlebars.  Of course I'm sure that option wouldn't be any cheaper.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline ZG

• Arena
- For the adjustment of pulling them more towards you (where the base attaches to the arm 1 & 5 in the diagram) I wish had the holes closer togother (like the insert does, 7 in the diagram) this would allow even more adjustment points. I like where I have them right now but I almost wish I could be right in between the hole I'm in now and the next one down. I'm gonna reach out to PE on Monday to discuss this option with them...

Ok, now I am officially impressed!!

I contacted PE on Monday regarding my wish to have one more hole for an adjustment point on the "pull back" rotation point (ie pulling the bars closer to me), they said "no problem we can put another hole in that part for you". 2 days later my new bases with the extra hole arrived...  :)

WOW! Now that's some great customer service IMO!! All they asked is that I ship the original bases back to them, which is no problem at all.

The bars are absolutely perfect for me now!!   ;D

Here's some pics, the first one is the newly arrived bases with the addition hole.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 03:54:15 PM by ZG »

Offline Glennn

• Metric Rider
As much as it detract from such a beautiful bike, really really really need a picture of you on the bike holding the bars  8)
1999 Yamaha Road Star
Canberra, Australia
CDA #390