Author Topic: E15 has been approved for year round use  (Read 2204 times)

Offline MtnRider

Re: E15 has been approved for year round use
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2019, 05:53:02 PM »
I grew up in farm country (central Illinois).

Whoa! Me too. Ever hear of Newton? Little town near Effingham.

gPink, yeah, it does. Crazy taxes. & we have the ex-governor here in the Denver area enjoying some federal housing. He probably doesn't appreciate it as much as we enjoy him being in there.     :chugbeer:   :D

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2019, 09:32:12 PM »
Yep, I know where Newton is. I grew up between Easton and Mason City.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline MtnRider

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2019, 10:11:11 PM »
And I thought I was from a small town.    ;D

Actually, it was a great place to grow up & I love the values instilled from the hard working people from the area.

Just too bad Ill is stuck with Chicago and their messes.

Where are you at now?

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2019, 01:22:30 AM »
I agree. Great place to grow up. I’m in Chesterfield, VA now.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2019, 04:18:34 AM »
Back in the 70's, in South Hill Va we had a Pilot station that used Gasahol.  After a few bad experiences with that fuel, I certainly stopped using it and that station, but several factors may have been at play to doom it then.  Alcohol laced gas is a solvent and if there is any crud in the fuel system of your car it would cut it loose and clog filters and carbs.  Any crud in the pumps and tanks as well would flow into your car.  Another factor would have been the quality of the station itself such as it's upkeep of the tanks and pumps.  Pilot at that time was never known as a high quality pumping source in town.  The source it got the gas from may have been suspect too.  The real factor that doomed it was less expensive real gas.  Gasahol came into being after the 73/74 embargo by the Arabs.  Once gas got more expensive in the 90's and later, the gas companies started using it again but by then cars were better able to handle it.  E10 is the predominate mixture now and still gives problems to small gas engines and such.  I've had to replace a carb on my power washer that I left the gas in too long but as the carb was less than $15 it wasn't that much of a big deal to me.  I just make sure to put Stabil in my gas for the small engine stuff.....or I've gone electric for my chain saw and weed wacker.  As I stated before I haven't had any issues in my fuel injected vehicles (that I'm aware of) as they are essentially made for it now.  Nor have I been forced to use E15.  I've only seen it in a few stations so far.  One them out Poseidon's way out 60 west in a  Wawa on the left near Powhatan.  I'm heading out to Ohio the end of the month and I'll see if there's changes in the stations there and back.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2019, 10:54:09 AM »
Totally sucks! I'm moving to Oklahoma next week. Oklahoma has many positive and negative attributes but one of the major positive attributes for me is the fact that they sell real gas almost everywhere in the Oklahoma City area.

Ouch! From Dripping Springs to OKC, that's gotta hurt. Hopefully there will be some pain relief in your wallet (a raise in salary) from such a move. Let's see...curvy roads ..(searching through maps noises)..hmmm..doesn't seem to be a Butler map for Oklahoma...maybe I didn't buy that one?..oh well no matter I'll try Google maps.... well there is the cloverleaf curves at I 240 and I 35 and a couple of curves over on E & W Stanley Draper Dr (speed limit 45  :P)....but not much else.
Are you sure about this move? I mean pure gas is nice, but.... ???

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2019, 11:45:51 AM »
Ouch! From Dripping Springs to OKC, that's gotta hurt. Hopefully there will be some pain relief in your wallet (a raise in salary) from such a move. Let's see...curvy roads ..(searching through maps noises)..hmmm..doesn't seem to be a Butler map for Oklahoma...maybe I didn't buy that one?..oh well no matter I'll try Google maps.... well there is the cloverleaf curves at I 240 and I 35 and a couple of curves over on E & W Stanley Draper Dr (speed limit 45  :P)....but not much else.
Are you sure about this move? I mean pure gas is nice, but.... ???

Retiring, can't afford TX property taxes. Ozarks are not that far away and still have family in Colorado, 1 day away. So yeah, I'll miss the TX hill country which I don't have time to ride and will now have to travel a day for good riding but will have the time to do it now ;)

Offline katata1100

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2019, 01:54:09 PM »
I am pretty sure that E10 is what destroyed my ZRX.  Three times I had shops "repair" the carbs and finally replaced the bike (with the Concours) and that was a major factor.

Hopefully I’m not the only one that finds this very sad. I thought the ZRX was one of the most beautiful bikes ever made, great retro detail,right down to that Kerker- like exhaust. Struck down in its prime because of crappy gas.
It’s nice you got a c14, but a parked in the corner ZRX can make any garage look better.
I have gone through my carbs a few times and can empathize 😢

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2019, 03:13:19 PM »
Hopefully I’m not the only one that finds this very sad. I thought the ZRX was one of the most beautiful bikes ever made, great retro detail,right down to that Kerker- like exhaust.

Yep, and I had the nice/correct green one, too (2000).

Struck down in its prime because of crappy gas.  It’s nice you got a c14, but a parked in the corner ZRX can make any garage look better.  I have gone through my carbs a few times and can empathize 😢

I loved that bike.  It was a great fit and performed and handled well.  But the lack of fuel injection was the downfall.  That said, I love the Concours even more- it is just bigger/heavier than I wanted.  But even more comfortable, faster, and the wind protection is great.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc