Author Topic: Pulled the bike over in Tampa last night...  (Read 4122 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Pulled the bike over in Tampa last night...
« on: June 24, 2011, 12:03:57 PM »
...couldn't pass up the pic op  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
Re: Pulled the bike over in Tampa last night...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:17 PM »
i don't get it...did you see the loch ness monster or something? :)

Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:04:36 PM »
That's a nice pic, at least to these untrained eyes. Do I foresee a kick*SS ride report forthcoming?

See ya tomorrow.
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 04:39:41 PM »
i don't get it...did you see the loch ness monster or something? :)

no sir, just playin' around in open forum  ;D

That's a nice pic, at least to these untrained eyes. Do I foresee a kick*SS ride report forthcoming?

See ya tomorrow.

YES SIR.  The ride will be great and you and Marge's coffee EPIC as always
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline throb

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 06:18:14 PM »
I give it two thumbs up! :thumbs:    :thumbs:
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.

Offline booger

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »
If you shot it with film, my hat's off to you.  Great picture.

If you shot it digitally and spent all night on Photoshop, I say it's OK ;)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2011, 09:11:05 AM »
I give it two thumbs up! :thumbs:    :thumbs:

Thank you sir

If you shot it with film, my hat's off to you.  Great picture.

If you shot it digitally and spent all night on Photoshop, I say it's OK ;)

No, I didn't shoot it with film.  It never saw "photoshop" or was what I call "photochopped" either. It was converted from RAW digital (camera format) to jpeg in Adobe Lightroom 3.4 and it took under 3 minutes to process. 

Dude, if you're from the old school and think its either "film or junk", let me welcome you to the digital age.  In the old days I used film and a darkroom to brighten or darken an exposure, to desaturate or saturate colors. Either that or I did like the lamer shooters on sunsets, and shot a GAZILLION pics and took the best one. Sounds like some stone age stuff but yes I'm from the old school.

Once I became open-minded enough to realize it takes a whole lot more than a "BestBuy Budget DSLR Cam" and a highjacked copy of photoshop from the internet to make a good pic, I got interested in photography again.  I'm in the University of Florida photography certification program. Guess what, studio lights are still required too, photochop can't make soft light.

Under your implification, only film is hats off photgraphy and pro photgraphers don't exist anymore, kids with bestbuy cameras and software replaced them. Not true, and most can spot an overprocessed photochopped pic a mile away

The only drawbike to digital is price.  In the old days a sweet canon A-1 with a flash and a few high end lenses could be had under a 1000 bux. Then film processing was the cost.  Nowadays the digital equipment runs well over 4K just to get started, but the pics are next to free LoL

Welcome to the digital era, I was once as closeminded as you and gave up photography for many years. FYI I still shoot film as a novelty, I shot some 35mm black and white portraits of a lady the other day. Saddens me Kodak announced they are no longer making film, but our niche vintage novelty market doesn't justify it.