Author Topic: What did you do this weekend?  (Read 4382 times)

Son of Pappy

What did you do this weekend?
« on: April 07, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAK45Kw2MA8&feature=youtu.be
What a wild four days.  Spent some quallity time on the KLR and the YZ.  Adult beverages were in order come evening time.
For the dirt riders in the PNW or those willing to travel I cant say enough good things about this event, dirt riding of all types, be it DS or hard core MXers, honest desert riding for all skill levels.  Saturday there is a well run off road poker run and hare scramble for those who dont wish to do 100 miles with 2000+ riders.
Does anyone want to clean the trailer?  4 days of wind, dust, mud, more dust, more mud, and constant wind with tired riders left me with quite the mess.  Did I mention wind, dust, wind, and mud?

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What did you do this weekend?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 04:19:13 AM »
Changed the air filter and fiddled with the battery.  Also checked out my new to me CB Ultra Tour Dome shield....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 04:55:47 AM »
Sunday: breakfast,100 mile ride,honeydo jobs til mid-afternoon,same 100 miles the other direction. Decent day.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:44:39 AM »
Cleaned the :censored: gutters. Looks like you had way more fun Chet.

Makes me miss my dirt bikes. I sure wish my boy would like motorcycles as much as I did when I was a kid. I get to watch little league baseball games in the rain two to three times a week though  >:(.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 10:10:23 AM »
Could be soccer.

Offline Bryn

• Leicestershire.... in the heart of England
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 10:10:38 AM »
Took the GTR out for a little spin for Breakfast at a cafe in Nottingham.....

It was outnumbered a little   ;D

This past weekend has been the first time for months where the temperature was above freezing...so it was nice to get out on the bike ... only did around 90 miles in total but good  8)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 10:44:00 AM »
Off and on rain this past weekend in the PNW.  :(

Got a haircut, mowed the grass, cleaned the garage, bought another rear wheel for my C14 off ebay, made a big pot roast yesterday (the leftovers will be french dips tonight  :P )... All and all pretty relaxing.  :) :chugbeer:

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 10:52:11 AM »
Rode about 200 miles with my son. Traded bikes for about 30 miles. He has my old Valkyrie. Valk was as comfy as I remembered but more sluggish then I remembered as well.

Offline Jim M.

• 2008 C-14
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 10:54:22 AM »
Saturday, took my daughter to check out Old Dominion University and later met up with some old friends who now live in Norfolk. Getting back home just in time to catch AMA Supercross on tv. Sunday took the dog for a walk at Spotsylvania Battlefield (and found a fired two ring Confederate mini ball ) and took the Connie out for a spin for a couple hours. Came back home and fired up the WR400 for some trail riding. Then cleaned and checked filters on the wife's Yamaha Majesty. Busy weekend !

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 11:00:29 AM »
Summerized my two snowmobiles. Drained, cleaned, and refilled the hot tub. Took the dogs for a walk. Watched my wife rake the yard.   :o

Drank a few beers while grilling some steaks.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 11:10:43 AM »
Drank a few beers and grilled steaks while I watched my wife rake the yard.   :o
FIFY   :rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 11:23:09 AM »
Thanks Gumby, that's pretty much how it went too.    ;)

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Riverdawg

• Guten Tag... Again
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »
Installed Baker wings, fabbed same alum angle brackets to secure the left and right fairing covers with thumbscrews you can get to instead of those chintzy plastic fasteners behind the windshield, mowed the grass, spread some pine bark around the blueberries, then just relaxed what was left of Sunday.

Offline timsatx

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2013, 02:25:45 PM »
I just built a portable dartboard stand.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2013, 03:38:59 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAK45Kw2MA8&feature=youtu.be
What a wild four days.  Spent some quallity time on the KLR and the YZ.  Adult beverages were in order come evening time.
For the dirt riders in the PNW or those willing to travel I cant say enough good things about this event, dirt riding of all types, be it DS or hard core MXers, honest desert riding for all skill levels.  Saturday there is a well run off road poker run and hare scramble for those who dont wish to do 100 miles with 2000+ riders.
Does anyone want to clean the trailer?  4 days of wind, dust, mud, more dust, more mud, and constant wind with tired riders left me with quite the mess.  Did I mention wind, dust, wind, and mud?

This should be on the nat geo channel. Reminds me of a stampeding herd of wildebeest.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 03:43:53 PM »
This should be on the nat geo channel. Reminds me of a stampeding herd of wildebeest.

Especially the ones that 'didn't make it'.    ;)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »
The second wave was even wilder, the guy who got the hole shot was so much smoother, made it look easy.  The most spectacular wreck was by the tail rider, slow speed, looked at the crowd, and promptly went over the bars, did at least 3 full sumersaults, shook his head, got his bike going and off he went.  No vid as the stampede was well away.

Offline okxd45

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 05:55:01 PM »
Air National Guard duty....with a lot of death by Powerpoint. :(
I'm pretty sure I would kill myself on one of those dirt bikes...Looks fun though! :)
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Son of Pappy

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 06:11:43 PM »
www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHXZhJ-t0Ew

2nd wave, holeshot rider much better form.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 06:31:01 PM »
Half my weekend (Sunday) was air  travel. Tues I'm home from TX and AL meetings, and I'm going to fire up one of the bikes tonight. Or maybe two because the C14 has been neglected lately and not on a tender
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine