Author Topic: My "new to me" Koast-to-Koast KLR  (Read 6952 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: My "new to me" Koast-to-Koast KLR
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 12:39:36 AM »
Footpegs?  This is an almost must do.  And an FMF Q4?  The weight savings alone makes this another almost must do.  Lastly, aux lights?  The Trailtech LEDs will triple the amount of usable light, I used the adhesive pads supplied and mounted them the the fairing.  And lastly, suspension?  If you don't do this you will regret it.  Load the bike with everything you will haul, find something resembling off road conditions, beyond gravel roads, something with good bumps.

I just got this thing, out of time.  Desperately still needs suspension/lights.  Already had IMS pegs =)
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 12:40:33 AM »
Pics will come. Pulling out this Friday (week early) to go to Columbia SC, then a business meeting in Atlanta, then westward  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jayke

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2013, 12:16:21 PM »
Don't forget your Airhawk  :)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2013, 12:59:52 PM »
Don't forget your Airhawk  :)

yes sir, you know that won't happen =)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 07:21:06 AM »
The bike rocked for almost 8000 miles, and handled brutal offroading like its nothing in Death Valley. Bike is being sold. Trip report here http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=15339.0