Author Topic: Question about Area P full system  (Read 2650 times)

Offline Gearhead82

Question about Area P full system
« on: May 25, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »
Does the header/collect on the Area P full system exit at the same place and with the same diameter tubing as the stock header?  I'm thinking about buying a 2 Brothers slip on and was wondering, if I purchased a full system later, would I be able to run the 2 Brothers pipe on the Area P header (and sell the Area P slip on)?  I really like the look of the 2 Bros Black series. . .
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline DocPigskin

• I'm kind of a big deal
Re: Question about Area P full system
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 02:36:39 PM »
I had a similar question about adding just the slip-on for now and then going to the full system next year as funds allowed.   I wrote them and this is what they sent me:

"The Slip-On will only fit OEM headpipe.  The Full System is a clean sheet design and does not share any components with the Slip-On.  The full system price is $995.00 with the carbon fiber muffler."

Sincerely,   

Kerry Bryant
President - Area P, Inc.
Silent Sport N.A., Inc.
1240 Simon Circle, G/H
Anaheim, CA 92806
Ph - 714-630-2386
Fx - 714-630-2422
www.areapnolimits.com

Offline Gearhead82

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 02:42:55 PM »
That's what I needed to know.  I had a feeling that might be the case as Yoshimura did the same thing with their full system on the FZ1.  Thanks.
'09 C14, Area P Full System, BMC, Flies out, PCV

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 02:47:18 PM »
     I had a similiar idea. I want a full system but I hate the looks of the Area P muffler. Just from general reading it looks like the slip-on mid pipe and muffler is 2" and the full system is 2.25".  My Leo Vince slip-on is 54mm which is  2 1/8.  I've been wondering if a muffler shop could swage the pipe out big enough to fit over the Area P but who knows if they would line up or not.

Just thinking out loud.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »
Kerry and his family that own area p are the best. They will help you all with any questions:  PH - 714-630-2386
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jamiemac

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 06:47:22 PM »
     I had a similiar idea. I want a full system but I hate the looks of the Area P muffler. Just from general reading it looks like the slip-on mid pipe and muffler is 2" and the full system is 2.25".  My Leo Vince slip-on is 54mm which is  2 1/8.  I've been wondering if a muffler shop could swage the pipe out big enough to fit over the Area P but who knows if they would line up or not.

Just thinking out loud.
As a retired guy that once did exhaust work for a living, I can tell You that most stainless exhaust tubing cannot be swaged to a larger diameter. It will split. The exhaust tubing used for aftermarket bike exhaust however, looks to be much higher quality that automotive type, so it could be possible. It will ruin the pipe if it splits though, and doesn't give any warning. It just goes,"boing" & that's that.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Kazairl