Author Topic: 2 Brothers Can Mounting on 2010  (Read 2486 times)

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
2 Brothers Can Mounting on 2010
« on: May 24, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »
Got my 2Bros, went to install it. One of the final mounting steps is to install a bracket on the top mount. They supply a flat piece with two holes in it and "hardware."

Well, there was no "included hardware" for this bracket, and the big hole was too small to accept the stock bolt, which the instructions said to use. I scratch my head at this.

So I did a dry run sans bracket and it all lined up and installed, apparently correctly???  :P

Is this bracket just one of those extra pieces that sometimes show up? Or is it needed for more clearance for the can from the saddlebag bottom?

Too late to call 2Bros, so I figured my "bros" here could help.  :)

2010 Concours.

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
Re: 2 Brothers Can Mounting on 2010
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 07:10:50 AM »
I can't remember if there was an extra bolt and nut for that bracket and I can't look because I'm at work.  The larger hole, however, will need to be drilled out a little bit to accept the stock bolt.  I think just about everybody has had to do this. 
I feel like a new person!

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 08:47:23 AM »
Thanks. I've already decided to drill it out and install it. I think the can is too close to the bottom of the bags now.

What took me by surprise was that it easily installs like this without the additional bracket, looks right and so on. The missing hardware for the bracket and the foggy pix in the instructions almost made me miss this completely.

Offline crashdb

• 2010 C14
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2011, 08:53:30 AM »
I agree.  I hate it when companies just make copies of the instructions over and over again.  I'd rather they posted them online, in color, or in a .pdf.  Hell a video would be nice too.  I just got a part for my car and there was an instructional video online that made my world much sunnier. 
I feel like a new person!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2011, 09:27:58 AM »
Mine for my 08 had the same bracket.