Author Topic: Parts for valve adjust  (Read 8520 times)

Offline carlntia

Re: Parts for valve adjust
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2014, 10:57:53 AM »
+1 on Jake Wilson - they got them to me fast too.
2009 C14

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2014, 06:24:41 PM »
Ordered parts today finally. Was poking around looking through vents and noticed oil all over the left outer exhaust bolt, motor on the same side. Looked at fairing and oil has been dripping inside and running out the vent hole down by oil filter. Hope it's not a major issue. Don't want more headaches

Offline jtk1531

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2014, 08:41:24 PM »
same here. 2011 bike.
it wasn't leaking from either one of the cam sensors (though i still replaced the o-ring), it's leaking from the valve cover gasket itself. never noticed a drop of oil on the floor, but the front left engine area was all gunked up with oil and sand.

i replaced the valve cover gasket with a light coating of high temp sealant on the inside of the gasket.
i was expecting the cover gasket to be in an "n" shape all around the gasket, but there are areas where there are gaps in the "n" shape facing the inside of the motor. maybe that's where the oil was pushing through.
this time round if it keeps leaking in the same area, i wouldn't bother anymore till the next valve check. too much trouble to get in there.

Ordered parts today finally. Was poking around looking through vents and noticed oil all over the left outer exhaust bolt, motor on the same side. Looked at fairing and oil has been dripping inside and running out the vent hole down by oil filter. Hope it's not a major issue. Don't want more headaches

Offline h2smokin

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2014, 06:38:13 AM »
If that's the case it will get done when I do the valves. I'm taking it to dealer today as it is. Both of my wheel sensors are shot and want to get them replaced. Neither of them register anything anymore

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 01:13:09 PM »
Valve cover gasket is covered under warranty. Let the warranty pay all the labor, and have them check the valve's.
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2014, 05:35:19 PM »
During the week end worked on my 09 connie with 40K and did for the first time the valve lash check and all valves were with in specifications specially the exhaust side , also replaced the spark plugs, air filter, throttle body sync, cam sensors seal, coolant , clutch fluid, but after clean everything perfectly  put all together  to be able to start the engine for the TB sync find out that the brand new cover gasket leaked and the exhaust side cam sensor also was leaking from were the wires come out from the sensor itself,
Have to order a new sensor and remove the cover again to apply sealant and put some washers under the 7 bolts that hold the cover down to compensate for the original washers that did not ordered a new ones and are already compressed and thinner than they are when new
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain

Offline texrider

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2014, 06:30:54 PM »
Mind if I ask if your valves at 40k were on the low side of recommended clearance, or above?
Sounds like a good plan to have sealant ready and all expendable parts on hand to button things back up, and probably a good idea to renew any sensors that were disturbed from their original positions.
2014 Valkyrie

Offline gildaguz

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
Mind if I ask if your valves at 40k were on the low side of recommended clearance, or above?
Sounds like a good plan to have sealant ready and all expendable parts on hand to button things back up, and probably a good idea to renew any sensors that were disturbed from their original positions.

All the intake side except one were on the low side of the recommended clearance but the exhaust side all were right there on the  recommended clearance
2009 Non ABS Concours Black
2006 Honda VTX 1300 C candy Orange
2004 Honda Shadow  Sabre 750
1979 Suzuki 185 all terrain