The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > The Bike - C10

Brake pad change

(1/5) > >>

DC Concours:
Does any one know the hex size of the rear caliper bolts. They look like 8 or 10mm.

I misplaced my larger hex drive adapters. Anyone replace them with regular bolts like the fronts calipers?

Boomer:
From memory they take an 8mm Allen key.
No reason why you couldn't use regular hex bolts but you would need to use ones with pretty large heads or some hefty spacers as they would be transferring the load to a weaker part of the bracket.
Probably easier/cheaper to just buy some more hex adapters. Personally I always have a couple of cheap sets of Allen Keys to hand as well as the 1/2" socket ones.

DC Concours:
Thanks Boomer. I don't use hexes for much. For the bicycles and furniture mostly and they are never as large as the c10 calipers. I buy the bigger bits as singles because I never use them. I will buy a cheapo set from Harbor Freight.

Changing the bolts over to 10mm like the fronts would be great but as you said I need to make sure the bolts are properly shaped, rated, etc. And I don't know all the ratings that come with bolts. I remember someone mentioned sheer rating technicalities when discussing the sacrificial bolts on the tipover bars.  :o

--- Quote from: Boomer on June 13, 2023, 04:28:04 AM ---...but you would need to use ones with pretty large heads or some hefty spacers as they would be transferring the load to a weaker part of the bracket.

--- End quote ---

DC Concours:
I am getting EBC brakes. And they are pricy.

Anyone have experience using the less expensive generic C10 pads sold all over amazon? The reviews are not bad.

Boomer:
Goldfren and Armstrong are garbage, not tried most of the rest.
Carbon Lorraine were OK, SBS HH are good, EBC HH are good.
I mostly use EBC HH pads for the rear of the C10 but the GGs give a softer initial bite.
They are only $35 for the EBC HH pads or $27 for the EBC GG Organic pads.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version