The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > The Bike - C10

Tire Question

(1/3) > >>

Rickm:
Hey Everyone,

I don't know a whole lot about tires for the Connie so I'm hoping someone here can help me out with this.  I just bought my 2nd 2005 C-10 and both tires need changing.  The guy I bought the bike from gave me two new tires, a matching set of Dunlops, but they don't match the manual's spec.  Well,  not exactly, anyway.  Here's what I have:

Front:  130 70B18 Dunlop 63H
Rear:   150 80B16 Dunlop 71H

My question is, are these doable?  Can I use them?

Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks

Rick

George R. Young:
The rear is the stock size, but not a radial. The stock front is 120/70 so yours is a bit wider. It might slow the steering a bit.

The Concours was specified to use either radial or bias ply tires.

Rickm:
Thanks for the reply, George.  You answered my question and then some.  I understand that these tires are not the optional choice, but they are brand new and my current tires are in sad shape.  Scary sad.  In time i will by better but for now these will do.  Thank you so much for the info and help.

Strawboss:
+1 what George said. In the future when you go to buy tires for the C-10, some will say that selection for the C-10 is severely limited, well, yes and no, kinda. Limited compared to the C-14 and other bikes but not as bad as you think. I had no trouble getting tires for mine last year, Avon's. Covid put a wrench into the works and a lot of makers are not stocking or can't get tires and the C-10's are NOT 17", I counted 5 makers that offered tires for the C-10, now, this was a year ago and the supply pipeline is rearing it's ugly head. Your Dunlops will be just fine and will give you years of service. Good luck. 

Boomer:
Those sizes should be fine, but take it easy whilst you get used to the differences.
I prefer the narrower 110/80-18 for the front wheel. Handles so much better.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version